Bash"n Bent & Broken

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
All right here it goes, I was out bashing the E Maxx with my little guy where there was some big piles of construction gravel, any way next thing I know all I got is front wheel drive, so I bring the E Maxx in and the rear drive line is gone and I'm like oh sh!t!!! because this is the extended rear drive shaft that came with My FLM extended aluminum chassis, I got lucky and found it, now here is the part that sucks, Not only did the drive shaft pop out, I also bent the chassis where it attaches to the bulk head in front of the shock tower, which bent several screws that I had to slot with my Dremal tool so they could be removed with a screw driver, this also broke the skid plate, it actually ripped the skid plate off the screws, So my question is how should I go about bending the aluminum chassis back? The rest is easy to fix. See Pics Below.

What it looked like before we left
100_0422.gif

What it looked like when we got back
P1040006.gif

THE DAMAGE!!!
P1040010.gif

P1040013.gif

P1040022.jpg

My Little Guy driving it with only front wheel drive after I broke it...
P1030997.gif

Please Help!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I Emailed FLM hopefully they get back to me soon, their web site says they have an extreme abuse waranty, so I'm hoping all it will cost me is shipping to get a new chassis..

It says on their site when you look at the actual chassis on how much it costs to replace. Wow actually it doesn't, but for the other things it seems to be about half price sometimes less. I would imagine somewhere around 40+shipping...

My stock chassis did the same thing when I broke my front bulkhead. I just used some pliers and bent it back straight and got some new screws.

When I rammed a curb at high speeds, only thing I broke was the head of a screw off at the mount. Fastlane's combo bulks are amazing... I guess I bash my aluminum truck too hard, but I have yet to bend anything. Although I have the 3.3 maxx, so its 4mm thick instead of the thinner ones.

I am hoping it's less then $40 I have only had this chassis for a few months...

As far as the chassis goes. I have bent my old one a few times. What I did to straighten it was, pull everything off the chassis, put the chassis on smooth cement and lightly hammer till it's straight again. The alluminum is going to be weaker from bending. But for me it lasted another 6 months.

That sucks is that a glock in your little picture up in the corner.

Nice break pics!!!! My savage 25 right now only has front wheel drive and i love when i floor it from a stand still...different feeling i guess. In the snow with only front wheel drive will be alot of fun until i of course i fix the differential then it will be a BLAST!!!!!:D

Last edited:
you need some metal skids,they will help tie the truck together and stiffin the whole chassis to prevent this again.

you need some metal skids,they will help tie the truck together and stiffin the whole chassis to prevent this again.

Yea that's kid of what I was thinking, just another thing to make after market, then all that will be left is the tranny and diff housings.

That sucks is that a glock in your little picture up in the corner.

No it's not my Glock, but it looked close enough to my HK USP .40 so I went with it...:D

Nice break pics!!!! My savage 25 right now only has front wheel drive and i love when i floor it from a stand still...different feeling i guess. In the snow with only front wheel drive will be alot of fun until i of course fix the differential then it will be a BLAST!!!!!:D

I thought it was awesome when my maxx only had front wheel drive. I loves putting it on my garage floor where the cement is really smooth and just spin out and do doughnuts (no offense alpine)lol. It would hardly go on the grass lol but it was pretty fun!

I thought it was awesome when my maxx only had front wheel drive. I loves putting it on my garage floor where the cement is really smooth and just spin out and do doughnuts (no offense alpine)lol. It would hardly go on the grass lol but it was pretty fun!
:goodpost: Some breaks are cool sometimes.

Good news All I have to pay is $12.00 for the return shipping and what ever it will cost me to ship it to them, just sucks that I gotta break down the truck so I can ship it out and get it fixed, hope it won't take to long...

Back