Ball Joints and Link Rod Ends

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those would completely replace the ball stud where you'd need longer 3mm screws to fasten them into place, I like to make sure the screws are long enough so they can be backed with m3 nylocks on the other end, here's an example:

1696435970280.png

Those would completely replace the ball stud where you'd need longer 3mm screws to fasten them into place, I like to make sure the screws are long enough so they can be backed with m3 nylocks on the other end, here's an example:

View attachment 172587
Mine are for a drift rc so It looks abit different, its just a ball joint and a linkage arm that attatches onto the ball and it doesn't need a nut or anything it just clamps onto place.
20231004_145204.jpg
20231004_144423.jpg

Yeah for the king pins, you just need to measure the total length of the ball stud to know what length screw to get so you don't risk driving the screw into binding on the axle. It wouldn't hurt to order spare spindles as they tend to strip out the plastic threads on the king pins over time.

Do you know what these are called? I know that they are linkage arm heads but all the aftermarket ones I find on amazon have little pivot balls in them. I need one like this.
20231004_144423.jpg

on left is a ball end or ball cup, on the right is a king pin or ball stud, not all brands name everything the same, especially if the manual is printed from China some things get lost in translation called Chinglish, ha!

The link you posted in the OP is going to be your best solution, very easy to buy the proper length 3mm screws to make it work. Just realize that you'll need to use thread lock with metal to metal fasteners. I prefer plastic ball ends myself to avoid thread lock on a component that needs regular tuning to account for wear. I would consider a captured plastic ball end instead to improve durability which is what I posted in the sample pic above for post#2.