Back on the Pedals

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot how cool your bike looks. I really like those triangular frames. This one has been getting my attention. And look, it's in your color! It would be nice having a modern bike, but I can't really justify another bike. However, at only $500, it is really, really tempting!View attachment 164066
I was looking at a Specialized the same day I bought my Trek.
I almost bought the light blue Specialized. Nice bikes.
I added a few cosmetic upgrades also. A nice set of palm grips, a set of better pedals, new seat, and high rise handlebars.
I'm old, it hurts to reach for the MT bars.

Last edited:
Forgot how cool your bike looks. I really like those triangular frames. This one has been getting my attention. And look, it's in your color! It would be nice having a modern bike, but I can't really justify another bike. However, at only $500, it is really, really tempting!View attachment 164066
Oooooh, me likey! 😍

I would get it @Xraycer
Enabler!
You Bro New York Jets GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl

The afternoons have been beautiful here but cool mornings.
I take my strong water pills at 11am so I have to wait until it is a bit warmer in the mornings.
Strong working water pills don't go well on a bike ride.

Between work and rain, I haven't been able to get any ride time in. Still want to do a thorough cleaning of the bike as well, but haven't been able to really do that either. I want to clean the bike before I put on the new tires. I have, however, been able to order a few things for it online.
I just got home about 30 minutes ago, and got delivery on my new bling pedals. Popped them on and took a test ride around the house. They look fantastic, lightweight, and really grab my shoes. They're also wider than my original pedals, so it's more comfortable having more real estate to stand on. It does makes me cringe thinking these pedals will cause serious pain and damage should I slip off and take them on the shins...or any other body parts!
20230424_181501.jpg

Between work and rain, I haven't been able to get any ride time in. Still want to do a thorough cleaning of the bike as well, but haven't been able to really do that either. I want to clean the bike before I put on the new tires. I have, however, been able to order a few things for it online.
I just got home about 30 minutes ago, and got delivery on my new bling pedals. Popped them on and took a test ride around the house. They look fantastic, lightweight, and really grab my shoes. They're also wider than my original pedals, so it's more comfortable having more real estate to stand on. It does makes me cringe thinking these pedals will cause serious pain and damage should I slip off and take them on the shins...or any other body parts!View attachment 164212
Shoot, I had some pedals on my Diamindback that looked like a steel bear trap. I ground my shins to hamburger a few times. Those look like they'd hurt a bit. But nothing rubbing a little dirt on won't cure. You'll be fine 😜

Sharp looking pedals!

Shoot, I had some pedals on my Diamindback that looked like a steel bear trap. I ground my shins to hamburger a few times. Those look like they'd hurt a bit. But nothing rubbing a little dirt on won't cure. You'll be fine 😜

Sharp looking pedals!
They still make 'em! Only about $30 on Amazon.
Screenshot_20230424-204850_Chrome.jpg

Pretty much. Yup. Though I remember mine had much sharper points. Those things make me shiver just looking at them.
Your's probably did have sharper teeth, but nowadays, it would be a huge liability. Remember when we had real metal tip lawn darts that could puncture a skull?

Back