ATV GunRack Suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Looking for a good ATV gun rack, and am a bit overwhelmed with the avaialable products. This rack would be used for holding a shotgun and a black powder rifle. Any suggestions from all you hunters out there?

Tom

Hey Guys,

Looking for a good ATV gun rack, and am a bit overwhelmed with the avaialable products. This rack would be used for holding a shotgun and a black powder rifle. Any suggestions from all you hunters out there?

Tom

Take one of the plastic (poly-somethingorother) gun cases from cabelas and take the top half off. Most of them come this way, with a small one or two foot section at the rear of the case where the stock would protrude allowing the user to remove the gun business end last. Drill two holes in the longer part of the case and affix to the side of your ATV with bolts.

It does sound like it would look and function completely craptasticly but in all honesty I have my .50 Thompson Center Arms case (Very large) mounted to my Polaris in this fashion and it works great. Nothing to buy and the padding in the gnu case holds well and prevents the scope getting knocked around and such.

If you are looking for something more permanent and nicer looking just get the kind that hangs down from the handle bars and has two "u" shaped receses for more than one firearm. They usually have straps to hold the guns in place.

I will take a look at that type to see if it will work for me. Thanks for the info. I also saw a set of Kolpin Gear Grips that look like they might be ok. They mount on the front rack. Anybody ever use these? Thanks

Tom

(Very large) mounted to my Polaris in this fashion and it works great. Nothing to buy and the padding in the gnu case holds well

Godale03, I'd go with his recommendation. It's GOT to be a great rack if it can keep a water buffalo strapped on to his Polaris.

Godale03, I'd go with his recommendation. It's GOT to be a great rack if it can keep a water buffalo strapped on to his Polaris.

Agreed! :)

o_O

Lol.. I guess that was a Freudian slip- We went down to a hunting lodge just last week where I took in an Axis Buck and a small Buffalo. Doubt my ATV would lug that thing around tho, they used a tractor to haul it in :)