Aquacraft Super Vee 27 Brushless Problem....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I got this Super Vee in trade @ a month ago. I slapped batteries in it, got no output on ANYTHING in the boat. So I start replacing things slowly. First I tossed my Spektrum RX in there to make sure the RX was getting power...check. Then I plugged a spare servo in it to see if it worked...check

I tried the servo that is in there, no output at all from it....so seems dead. No biggie I have plenty of spare servos I can use. I swapped back to the stock RX with my JR Servo flopped off to the side...worked great. So Stock RX is just fine. Power is getting through the ESC to the RX just fine....

I get no action at ALL from the motor. Nothing. No movement, no spinning, no noises, no nothing. The boat was only run 3-4 times, and it shows. It's in GREAT shape. I e-mailed Hobby Services, and they offered to send me a brand new Brushless motor for it...for free...without any proof of purchase. So I took them up on the deal in a heartbeat thinking they must have had a lot of motor issues, so anyone who calls or e-mails they will just send a new motor.

Well it came in last week, and I finally got around to testing it out. Now mind you I didn't install it in the boat. I just mimicked the wiring already in place and plugged the motor into the ESC. Still no output. I have read that these ESCs need to be "armed" when new...so I attempted to go through that process, only my ESC never beeps when I plug in the second battery so I have no way to re-arm it at all.

Is there anyway I can test the ESC in this guy to see if it actually works or not? I mean it looks like it's never been run...same with the motor in there. Everything looks completely new. So I believe this guy that it all ran fine when he put it away in December.

I'm not a boat guy, but I have someone interested in a trade for an RC8 if I can get it up and running.

Anyone have any ideas at all here? My first brushless setup as well. I have tried swapping the 3 wires around (manual says to swap 2 if it's going the wrong way so I tried it) and still get nothing.

Help?

Wow no one has any ideas for me to try? Guess I'll just buy a new ESC and cross my fingers. lol