Anyone know what this is?

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know I'm on an electric car forum, but i done think many people look on the marine forum. Anyway, i just recieved this boat and am trying to figure out what it is.
About 2 foot long and came with a Futaba remote and reciever and steering servo, no markings on the outside because it has been painted and an old sticker on it saying it was $200. Two motors placed one in front of the other.

ANY IDEAS?

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Oh yea, the reciever in it now is from my original T-Maxx set up so i dont believe that is a traxxas boat.

This looks lie a electric boat powered with two propellers.

This things really looks unique.

will try to find out more details and post it asap

till then keep rocking!!!!!!!!!!

It has one propeller, but two engines inline with each other. No markings and its now pissing me off just because i can't find out who makes it.

I've had different boats for many years, and I've never seen anything like it. It has a catamaran bow, and the stern is a V-hull with a single prop.
I know it's got to be pretty old just by the design of the prop.
Having 2 electric motors in line is something that's never done anymore since one is always being overloaded due to less RPM on the other.
I see it has Tamiya connectors for the batteries, and they have been around since about 1980, but they might have been added to the boat later. (Might not be stock)
Tamiya also used a 3 position speed control with reverse and a ceramic resistor, and I see this one has a continuous sweep controller. If someone knows who made it in orange, that might help to pin it down. Does the speed controller look factory, or has it been painted?

It looks factory, and forgot to add, i had to customize an old prop from my Villain IV to work, old one was held on weird and bent, so i put that on there. The "orange" on the speed controler is just the reflection of the flash on the brass. It really seems to have 2 speeds, slow and fast, not too much control in between. I radar'd it on the pond doing about 19mph.

Isn't the speed control a wound coil all the way across? That's what it looks like. If it is, it should be variable speed, increasing smoothly. If not, there's a problem with it.
Other than that, look all over the hull, in good light, to see if any stickers were painted over. The graphics on decals tend to be a little thicker than just the blank sticker, so you will be able to see anything that's there.

Back