Any Tornado Chasers Out There?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Reed Timmer is a crazy dude if you've never watched him. He was one of the guys from the show Storm Chasers. Drives right into F1-F3 tornados. Anyway, I follow him for severe weather updates and such, and he just shared this, which is really freakin cool.

These guys have balls.
Yeah, you should see some of his chase videos in the Dominator
Dom-09-01.jpg

I'm quite the opposite of a storm chaser :D
So you're a storm runner-away-fromer then 🤔😅

Having one hit a few miles and home in 98 and seeing deep in the woods way better than a sunny day, I would love to be and hate to be. It would be an amazing experience. My brain would stress my body though.

Wonder how the exhaust is routed on that glorified bumper car? I see alot getting trapped under it.

Having one hit a few miles and home in 98 and seeing deep in the woods way better than a sunny day, I would love to be and hate to be. It would be an amazing experience. My brain would stress my body though.

Wonder how the exhaust is routed on that glorified bumper car? I see alot getting trapped under it.
One of his Dominator builds (there's been a number of them) he actually had a really bad problem breathing brake dust. But I think they forgot to upgrade the brakes after adding all that plate steel. The first versions still had the original vehicle underneath. Super heavy, with stock brakes 🤣

Not sure if the new ones are like that or not.

Oh, it has exhaust at the rear of this one
the-dominator-storm-chaser-vehicle-makes-stop-in-tulsa.1342736952000-0.jpeg

I've always been fascinated by tornadoes. Would love to do it
I would have too back in the day. I used to live within eyesight of a popular overpass for storm chasers to sit and watch the sky from. I used to go sit with them. I never bothered them though, they were always filming. But whenever I saw them, I knew it was getting bad.

seen 2 tornados in my days .one right across the street over my neighbors garage never touch ground the other while out having fun on my dirt bike .One formed around me but @ 90 mph it had no chance to get me that was when I was 15.. the older about 12

seen 2 tornados in my days .one right across the street over my neighbors garage never touch ground the other while out having fun on my dirt bike .One formed around me but @ 90 mph it had no chance to get me that was when I was 15.. the older about 12
I have seen 3. None hit the ground. One appeared to have 3 funnels forming.

Oh wait... 4. Last year one blew right by my apartment and it was huge, and there was a few minutes I watched it I was about to TRAT myself 😅

Having been raised in Nebraska, I've had my share of run-ins with tornado's. Have no desire to chase after them. It's only inviting trouble in the least and disaster in the most. Thanks, but no thanks.

Back