any other Musicians here??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that Black NJ Series Warlock... I did a thing...

Custom black and nickle DiMarzio pickups. I put an X2N in the bridge and a cosmetically matching Activator X in the neck. Then I topped it off with a Skull & Batwing hardware kit. Also had all the pots, switches, and wiring replaced as well as had a Schaller Sureclaw installed in it.

20230809_161656.jpg
20230809_161722.jpg
20230809_161711.jpg
20230809_161704.jpg
20230809_161745.jpg
20230809_161826.jpg
20230809_161759.jpg
20230809_162013.jpg

I think thats the most metal warlock I have ever seen,LOL

Fun stuff. Also a life long musician here. Just added a Music Man Stingray to my collection after years of wanting to replace my old bass! Excited about that.

IMG_5187.jpg

I think thats the most metal warlock I have ever seen,LOL
Right! I waited very patiently for the right Warlock to come along to do that to! I knew when i found the Skull & Batwing kit that I had to have a black NJ series with a trem to put them on! Took me about 2 years to find the right guitar for the right price. :)

Fun stuff. Also a life long musician here. Just added a Music Man Stingray to my collection after years of wanting to replace my old bass! Excited about that.

View attachment 174085
Very nice! Love the cherry burst look to it.

Custom black and nickle DiMarzio pickups. I put an X2N in the bridge and a cosmetically matching Activator X in the neck. Then I topped it off with a Skull & Batwing hardware kit. Also had all the pots, switches, and wiring replaced as well as had a Schaller Sureclaw installed in it.

View attachment 174058View attachment 174059View attachment 174060View attachment 174062View attachment 174063View attachment 174064View attachment 174065View attachment 174067
That is one sick Warlock! One of my friends had a white one.. years back. Loved that guitar.. lots of good memories

View attachment 174058View attachment 174059View attachment 174060View attachment 174062View attachment 174063View attachment 174064View attachment 174065View attachment 174067
Looks sick. Only thing it needs now is the pearl inlays changed to match the theme.

I gotta believe those rails scream. Great looking guitar GW.
I was playing some blues a little bit ago using my MIA Strat.

Since we're showing off guitars, here's a picture of a real Amarica Jackson Soloist. I got it new 35 years ago, that dates me.

20230923_185556.jpg

I thought I would share this with you guys, it's a custom shop strat neck from the mid 80s. The fretboard is hand carved. It's been in my closet for 20 years, it's time for a new body and some electronics.

20231101_193419.jpg

Looks sick. Only thing it needs now is the pearl inlays changed to match the theme.
Yeah, that would be amazing but is it even possible to change that on the existing neck or is that something someone would have to custom make a whole new neck in order to do that?

I gotta believe those rails scream. Great looking guitar GW.
I was playing some blues a little bit ago using my MIA Strat.
I grew up a metal head but as I've gotten older I love all sorts of different music now and Blues is probably in my top 3 favs! MIA (or at least a MIM) strat is on my wishlist! I will have one eventually!

I thought I would share this with you guys, it's a custom shop strat neck from the mid 80s. The fretboard is hand carved. It's been in my closet for 20 years, it's time for a new body and some electronics.

View attachment 174117
That guy definitely needs a home!

My MIA but the pic in no way does it justice. Incredible guitar to play but I rarely play it simply because my Squiers sound and play amazing also.
The MIA is going to my son when it's my time to push up daisy's so I want it to remain mint.

IMG_0454.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be amazing but is it even possible to change that on the existing neck or is that something someone would have to custom make a whole new neck in order to do that?
That is something that a skilled luthier can do. Not something many luthiers would tackle, but there are guys that are exceptional at doing inlays.

View attachment 174117
Scalloped necks really aren't my thing but it's amazing the way some guys shred with them.

I have a very dear friend in NYC and we have become pretty close the last several years, kind of like some of us here, that some day I hope to meet in person.
The guy has sent me 4 guitars , already with #5 on the way.
I am very proud to be his friend. I send him all kinds of cool guitar stuff also but I couldn't afford sending him any guitars but he only wants my friendship.
His wife is a teacher also and they make serious money. He knows my wife and I struggle through Christmas a little bit until after the holidays so he has always put some cheer in both my wife and myself. Great guy....
Here is the guitar he sent, it will be here tomorrow.

guitar..jpg

Awesome!

I have an internet friend like that. He lives in Utah.

We've been friends fir about 15 years. I've gifted him a few things over the years and he's done the same for me. Great guy.

Oh it can be done
I have a very dear friend in NYC and we have become pretty close the last several years, kind of like some of us here, that some day I hope to meet in person.
I am very proud to be his friend. I send him all kinds of cool guitar stuff also but I couldn't afford sending him any guitars but he only wants my friendship.
His wife is a teacher also and they make serious money. He knows my wife and I struggle through Christmas a little bit until after the holidays so he has always put some cheer in both my wife and myself. Great guy....

View attachment 174171
Nice I have one of these in slime green burst!! pretty decent for an amazon git fiddle for sure..

This will be my 3rd IYV, awesome guitars with a bit of fret work and setup.

View attachment 174171

View attachment 174171
I've heard pretty good stuff about the IYV guitars. I watch Amazon like a hawk for the offset to be in stock.