Any knife enthusiasts out there?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently got a Kershaw Shallot, and it's an awesome blade. The Speedsafe (spring assisted opening) is amazing.

My_new_Knife_by_Cupooterluvr.png

Are there any other knife enthusiasts out there?

I have several other blades and multitools but this one tops them all in quality and worksmanship. It has a 3.5" blade and a 4" handle.

i'm not really all that big into knifes like collecting and stuff but it is nice to have that one good knife that you like to use for that stubborn package that just wont open or what ever else it happens to run ito...

where can you get the knife you posted?...i really like it and it looks like a good knife

i'm not really all that big into knifes like collecting and stuff but it is nice to have that one good knife that you like to use for that stubborn package that just wont open or what ever else it happens to run ito...

where can you get the knife you posted?...i really like it and it looks like a good knife

Amazon has it; search for Kershaw Shallot. It's about $55 for the black one and $45 for the nickel finish one.

If you prefer a walk in store you might be able to get one at a sporting goods store but I haven't seen any in the stores I visit.

It is a very good knife; the blade holds an edge forever it seems. I've whittled a pencil to a stub and it still shaves the hair off my arm... lol. As far as the construction, it is very solidly built and easily comes apart with the four torx screws. The spring mechanism is simple so you don't have to worry about little parts going everywhere.

The only problem with taking it apart is finding that sweet spot between blade solidity (no wiggle) and quick opening when you put it back together.

Last edited:
What kind of blade steel does it have? Too bad it's not a straight edge blade:whhooo:.

I have a "few" knives including one that looks similar to the one in your picture.

It's a Kershaw with Speedsafe only in black with "Kerhaw" in much larger letter down one side of the handle. It also has an integrated belt clip on the backside of the handle.

I inherited my dads knife collection of 50+ knives. Sold about a dozen Bucks that were in boxes.

I will take pics of some and post them up.

I am a HUGE SOG fan. I have the seal pup i carry in my unit, a blink i carry on my boot (small spring assist) and a switchblade i dont remember the name, but its a SOG.

I'm pretty sure I have a few SOG's.

Now I am motivated to dig out the box of knives in my workshop this evening and see what there is. It was easy to sell the knives still in the boxes since they were obviously brand new and never used or anything. The rest I wrapped and put in a wooden box to go through at a later time.

What kind of blade steel does it have? Too bad it's not a straight edge blade:whhooo:.

Straight from the knife info page:
Steel: Sandvik 14C28N stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC black coating; Handle: 410 stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC black coating; Lock: Frame; Blade: 3-1/2 in. (8.9 cm); Closed: 4-3/8 in. (11.1 cm); Weight: 4.2 oz.

I was going to buy the straight edge originally but the guy at the knife show that I got it from showed me what the serrations are used for. I think this particular knife looks cooler with serrations anyways lol.

Rob, Get those pics up! :D

I love Kershaw knives. I have a small sprint assisted one and i also have some daggers and stuff plus some other pocket knives as well.

Before I got this one I carried a Gerber Paraframe. It's extremely light but the steel isn't very high quality.

Here are a few pics.

knives016.jpg

knives015.jpg

knives014.jpg

knives013.jpg

knives012.jpg

knives011.jpg

knives010.jpg

knives008.jpg

knives007.jpg

knives006.jpg

knives005.jpg

I bought a dozen or so Case XX stag Classics and sold them seven years later for big profits on ebay.

The Classics I'm talking about were of remakes of the old in modern day by a knife manufacturer that Case contracted to build for them... so, the Case Classics are not even made by Case, but so desirable to collectors. They became worthless to me when I realized these facts......

Yet more pics....

None of these are dupe pics of my other post.

K-Bar.jpg

KershawOnion.jpg

Kershaw.jpg

SOG.jpg

Just a couple Kershaws in there lol

Yeah.

My dad was a shopaholic when it came to knives......and guns.

Yeah.

My dad was a shopaholic when it came to knives......and guns.

My dad buys the hell outta some rifles... lol. He collects historic rifles. Also a few modern ones in there for fun :D

I'm more of the knife person in the house... :hehe:

i didn't read any of the posts so this may have already been posted. I have used everthing from gerber, kershaw, benchmade, schrade, buck, spyderco and who knows how many other off brands.

The only brand of knife that has ever held up for me is Cold Steel. They are by far the best knife i have ever used.

I keep a Recon1 Tanto style in my pocket at all times. The lock is the best design ever and the blade has been put through the ringer and is still in GREAT shape.

I've been training in Silat Escrima (stick/knife/sword fighting) for 14 years and have several Spyderco practice/training blades that have seen much abuse from students. The Endura model is extremely sturdy and very high quality. The P'kal is another favorite Spyderco of mine, though not a training blade. The Cold Steel kukri is one of my favorites but for some reason I'm not as into their other products. The "feel" is just not balanced well for Escrima.

As for swords, I have a kampilan from the late 1880's and a 33" Kris from Mantis Swords.

Oh, and a cheap-ass Chinese cleaver that is also much fun.

**Edit: By far my favorite self-defense weapon? A cheap bic pen. I can seriously eff someone up with a pen and no one ever seems to see them as a weapon. :D

Last edited:
blink.gif

SOG blink. Micro spring-assisted. Carry on the pocket of my boot on duty.

pupsheath.jpg

pup.jpg

SOG Seal PUP. Carry on my seat orginizer in my unit. Just incase.

auto.jpg

SOG TAC-Automatic. Auto-open i have in my pocket everywhere i go. This knife has saved my life once, and has cut seatbelts, and has been used to open airways for accident victims.

These three are with me every time i am on duty. Also i have a SOG micro multi-tool on my keychain.

Back