Anti Break Antenna Tube

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACSAVAGE

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just a tip for pretty much everyone,

I was totally getting sick of my antenna tibe breaking. So i had an idea. i put old fuel tubing around one end of the broken parts then put it to the other broken parts. Works great, bends all over and doesn't break. just thought this would help you guys!

another idea is just use fuel tubing period ,about a 8" to 10" pc up thru the body and your good to go ,never need to worry about breaking again ,and the body keeps it rigid enough to work good too

mines just made of a soft plastic and it will bend every which way and won't break....at least not yet and its been bent flopped on etc dozens of times

i just bend it back so it stick out over the pick up bed of the body

My antenna tube is only 1.5" tall. I don't think it will ever break because it doesn't stick out of the body. Is this normal? :shrug:

there normally about 10" long have you got a lot of wire coming out of it

i've alwayse used clear plastic tubing as a cover on the antenna tube, never had problems with it, and if u tuck the excess wire into the outer "cover tube" u dont have problems with that either.

For my buggy I've always tucked it under the wing and never had a problem.

in my savage, I've had my antenna tube ripped out a couple times from taking some bad landings on the lid on asphalt but now I put a tiny dab of CA glue to hold the tube in the antenna holder and I havent had the problem since.

Never "broken" an antenna tube.

supercharged said:
there normally about 10" long have you got a lot of wire coming out of it
He has Spektrum :D

I've never broken a tube either.....

Spektrum only has a short wire, ~6" I have it inside a tube but it hides well under the hood :)

hmm just had an idea THIS IS NOT TESTED!!! but theres this nail polish called"hard as nails" maybe if you paint it on it may help a bit ? maybe

hmm this is a nice little tip i snapped my tube a few days ago and replaced so i'll just pop on some fuel tubing, thanks for the tip man.

I WISH there was a brand of antenna tubing that was more durable, I have broken mine SO many times and bought countless tubes. And yeah I used fuel tubing to fix it

The tube on my TMaxx is like, REALLY flexible. It hold up the wire well, but flops around alot. Almost as much as fuel tubing lets it. Just use this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH35&P=ML and I can guarantee your tube won't break. The only antenna issue I've had is the the wire was really long, but I fixed that with some electrical tape wrapped around the tube.

See: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vEOcuwt8W5s[/ame] :D

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for sharing your experience. I will give it a try :)

Try getting some heat shrink tubing and put that over any tube, it will help support the flexy tube, and give streingth to the regulare ones. It will also hold the busted one together nicely.

just put some fuel line tubbing on it :D really flexible

yea go with the fuel tubing or traxxas sells a really good one 4 like a 1:00 like the other guys said

I know 3 possible ways you could make/modify an antenna tube.
Method 1.
A)Cut your antenna tube where it just leaves the body.
B)Cut a piece of fuel pipe about 50mm long
C)Slide about 20mm of fuel pipe over the bit of antenna tube on the car
D)Then slide the other bit of antenna tube that you cut off about 20mm into the remaining bit fuel pipe sticking up from the antenna tube thats on the car.
E)Leave about a 10mm Space between the 2 pieces of antenna tube.
Result)This will give the antenna tube a point where it can bend easily.

Method 2.
A)Boil some water
B)Put your antenna tube into the boiling water.
Result) Will make the antenna tube slightly softer and more flexible

Method 3.
A) Use pneumatic tubing as an antenna tube.
Result) More flexible and less likely to break than a standard antenna tube

Any of this make sence? if not ignore me.
Thanks