Another heli build....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might also look at Doing a Kiowa Warrior (OH-58D) That would be another fun Military Bird.

That would be a nice one to add to the collection but I haven't found one that's within my price range. The bad thing about the semi-scale helis is you are VERY limited to the heli's you can build. If I were able to step up to Vario or Hirobo mechanics, I could replicate just about any "common" heli that's out there...unfortuneatly, my funds won't allow for that expensive of a heli....LOL

I'm pretty much limited to what Thunder Tiger and Century offer, anything else I would have to get at a STEAL! LOL

I'm always looking though.....hehe

-NB

That thick wall copper you used will cause you some problems.

I'm man enough to admit when I screwed up so I'm admitting to it....LOL

The copper tubing as it turns out, and like you mentioned, is too heavy. Without a good way to actually mount the tubing, it was causing a major vibration in the heli. This vibration was causing the rocket launchers to wag severely and of course the rest of the fuselage. At one point I was actually waiting for one of the launchers to fly off before we could get the heli down. Anyways, took the piping out and went with a piece of silicone tubing. Not as pretty but it got rid of the vibration for as ar as I could tell right now. I ran out of daylight so further testing will have to wait until tomorrow.

-NB

It's all Rolex's fault. He jinxed it by saying something about it.

Reminds me of the Magnum PI copter

DSCN0183.jpg

Very cool!

Yep, the magnum chopper was a Hughes 500-D where this is the 500-E.....same heli basically except one has a pointed nose and the other is rounded...

The 500's are a favorite of mine..........hehe

You're right. Wizard is the word I was looking for, but wasn't sure about the spelling.

Would you have also accepted Supreme Being? LOL

Tom

I sure hope that wasn't directed at the Grand Exalted Supreme Being and Uncontrolled Master of Annoyance and Irritating Wizardry.:bow:

LMAO!

Sweet copter. Can't afford one, but I love the build pics.
Good luck with it.

I sure hope that wasn't directed at the Grand Exalted Supreme Being and Uncontrolled Master of Annoyance and Irritating Wizardry.:bow:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! LOL

Tom

Back