Am I the only one thats lost interest in this hobby? *SLAPS HIMSELF* HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Okay, after doing some racing overseas and locally, i've figured out that i've had my fair share of the R/C bigtime. Now, I've taken up paintball, a very aggressive and quick sport. It seems that r/c is dying for me, too much maintainence, the quick gas-hogging runs to the hobby shop for an amituance of parts.

My question is, have any of my fellow RCNT members ever had this feeling? Don't get me wrong, I used to love this hobby. But there's just so many more things to do, I've turned to paintball.

Right now i've sold down all my cars to my maxx 2.5, drake xxx-nt, and my unbuilt xxx-4.

What can I do to revitalize the love I once had this for this great hobby?

i actually used to be bigtime in paintball playing tournies and whatnot and had practice every sunday and some times play for fun on saturdays but I've actually slowed down on that and more in to RC for the time being but only time can tell if i get big into PB again

The only time I get tired of it is when stuff starts to break. I m not talking about bulks or shocks, I am talking about little stuff like when I start pulling on my pull start and the damn string breaks or just little stuff that can take you bash day away. I am sure alot of people feel this way but it comes with the hobby. Instead of throwing stuff and getting mad like I use to, I just try to laugh and take a break from it. I hope you can find something to revitalize the love for it again. You just have to realize that maintenance, using alot of fuel and other things come with it. Also look into electric, not much maintenace, alot cleaner and no fuel. I have been contemplating on getting out of nitro and into electric, I think it might save me some headaches.

Only thing that really makes me want to quit r/c is $$$. I'm dead broke right now.

But to me, if you have more fun paintballing, then paintball. There's nothing wrong with it. Once your hobby starts become a pain, it's time to back away and find something that isn't so much of a pain...one that gives you joy.

Well as I have learned you need more than one hobby to keep your interest in another hobby. Yeah I get tired of R/C once in a while and need a break from it. It gets expensive but nothing in life is cheep for me at all. Just do some paint balling for a while and than see how you feel.

I would just toss em in a box. Don't take em out, even for a bit. Pack em away, and forget about them.

If you take em out just once in 3 weeks envaribly that will be the day the PS breaks, and you have a runaway. Just put em up for a bit

Take the free time to enjoy paintball. Wait 'til paintball gets old and you dont want to do it anymore.

Take out your r/c's then, after a long break. You will not only have a rewed interest it won't be like starting out. You will have the knowledge. It will be easier the second time around.

Too many times I have gotten tired of a hobby and found a new one. Being so tired of it I didn't want to look at it anymore. I would sell it at a huge discount, or give it away. Only to find a year later I really miss them and wish I hadn't.

Yep, I sold everything I had because I was sick of fixing T Maxx's,

Originally posted by Bill Hoskinson
Yep, I sold everything I had because I was sick of fixing T Maxx's,

I got sick of fixing my T-Maxx and sold it and kept everything else. Don't let a money pit ruin the hobby for you. Don't get me wrong I loved my T-Maxx but I worked on it and spent more money on it then I ever drove it. To each is own and it was a stepping stone. My intrests have since shifted. Gotta give the T props seing one got me into RC.

Yep, what he said.....

I have owned my last Traxxas product. I sold everything, but when I saw the new Associated MGT, I had to have one.

Now, I'm back into RC stuff, and having more fun with off road than ever before. The MGT is an awesome truck.

I tend to have several hobbies at once. I used to rotate through them 3-6 months at a time. I have hobby's because they interest me and keep me out of the bars at night.

In the last 4 or so years I have had more time to spend on my interests and have learned the fine art of combining them. For instance I like to Fish, RC, and Photography. I can build RCs and photograph them. I can take my RCs with me on my boat at the lake and find somewhere to run them. I can take photos at the lake and document the fish I catch.

It isn't the hobby in itself that I enjoy, its the accomplishment and the joy I get from doing things I like to do.

-Ed

I feel the same way too joolz, I was like that for a good 2 months I didnt want to run them or fix them or worry about breaking stuff.

I felt really strong feelings to put all of it away or sell it. But I did the best I just put them up, it helped. I then painted my savage body I dont know maybe the fumes got to me but that made me more into then I started bashing and it got me back into it.

I reccomend you just put them up for a little bit like lykan said just put them away and wait for the hobby you are most interested in to fade.

Ed has a strong point "It isn't the hobby in itself that I enjoy, its the accomplishment and the joy I get from doing things I like to do." I think you should do what hes doing compine the too hobbies strap a paintball gun to your RC lol, take your R/C's with you and when you get done owning them all at paintball own them at R/C.

Last edited:
I'm too frickin fat to play Paintball, I'd have a god damm heart attach LOL

I think thats just the way it goes... We lose a bit of interest in our hobbies. At least thats the way I am. There are guys that start in a hobby and do it on a consistent basis throughout their lives. I wish I was like that....

Anyways, I re-entered RC cars in July of last year after a break too. But mine lasted from about '91 till '03. I put my stuff on the shelf for a couple of months, but after about 4 months I still wasn't interested, so I sold it all off. Good thing I did. Cause that stuff wouldn't be worth anything now and not competitive anymore.

I agree though about the nickel-and-dime issue. I'm putting together a "pre-owned" 9.5 and I'm having to run down to the hobby shop a few times on the weekend and its 20 miles round trip to the LHS to pick up 3x5mm screws and other misc. parts.

i think u should go out and buy a thousand dollars worth of hop-up's for ur r/c's. then u can sell it to me dirt cheap. lol. i wish i could drive my t-maxx now but its too cold and too much snow... stupid new york. lol.

later

Back