? about oil percentages

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckrevo33

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello everyone, Iwas asked a question today that i couldnt really answer. My buddy asked me what difference it would make if the feul he was running was 30% with 11% oil,(byrons gen2 race) and switched to 30% 7% oil (odonnels speed blend). He was wondering if he had to adjust the needles. i dont really know because i run the same feul all the time (byrons gen2 race 30%). Any info on that would be great. thanks in advance.

You would need to retune a bit for the lower oil. (Lower oil means more alcohol).

so i should tell him to richen it a little to compensate for less oil, correct?

A lower oil content allows for more methanol in the mix. Plus the oil helps reduce friction and allow the engine to run cooler. So he'll need to retune to compensate for both.

thanks for the help guys it is appreciated.

Running that light on oil gives you a pretty fine line between good and fried. He'll have to keep a close watch on his temps until he gets the tune figured out.

I've never used a fuel with less than 10%. I tried a fuel with 16% oil and it worked fine in my small blocks, but sucked in my big blocks.

I run byrons 25% race blend now. I think it's 10 or 11% oil.

Thanks olds, i usually run byrons 30%race blend it has 11% oil but apparently the lhs has switched to odonnells speed blend 30% witch has 7% i believe is what the website said. so apparently that is what i am going to have to run.

Back