A Not So New Toy To Me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxfreek

Hardcore RCTalk User
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have been bit by the quad bug, i think i know who to blame. @HPIguy

100_4753_zps2314e1e1.jpg

I had to stop myself a couple months back. Had a DJI Phantom in my amazon check out and deliberated for so long, when i hit submit payment or whatever, it forced me back to the login screen. I took it as a sign.

Okay, Rolex, don't get the 350QX. Get its smaller brother the 200QX.

i absolutely love this thing,i have about 50 packs thru 1/2 with gopro attached with no problems, gonna pick up a skin for it, and the 200 qx is FAST!!! and fly much better than the 180qx.

I've been desperately trying NOT to get one. This thread doesn't help me.
I'm with @Rolex on this, I've been trying to avoid this for a while now. But the quadcopters look like so much fun. The DJI Phantom has also caught my eye, for less than $500 is a hard thing to pass up.

The QX200 can carry a small camera, just not a Go Pro. And like was mentioned earlier, it's a rocket ship for speed.

I've never flown one nor an airplane. I have a feeling I'd be MUCH better off starting with a simulator first.

Yea, I've always been grounded or water based, would be interesting to see how i could do without crashing.

The newer quads like the 350QX and the 200QX are very stable and almost too easy to fly and can get away from you. The nice thing is that the Blade quads have some features that allow them to return to hover if the sticks are released in everything but the most advanced aerobatic modes.

I had very little quad experience when i bought mine, it has 3 different settings, first one being for filming, it will literally fly itself, i can take of, get it to the altitude that i want it, lay the tx down and walk away, GPS and barometric pressure sensors hold it in that spot until the sticks are moved,It also keeps the controls the same no matter which way its facing, left is left, right is right, down on the stick will always bring it back to you. the next mode gives a little more freedom and speed, still has auto level capabilities but give you the true control characteristics of a normal quad, and can't forget the Return to home switch, i have used it several times, if i get disoriented i can flip the switch and it will land withing a couple feet of where the motors were initiated. People have been having some fly aways, (knock on wood) mine has done very well.

Last edited:
Around 425+- BNF with 3 batteries, on fleabay