5B Reborn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It started life as a stock 5B that I inherited from my late dad who passed away in December.

It had not been touched in over a year and was caked with mud from it's last run.

I did a complete tear down for cleaning and just a couple of upgrades....

CY29cc Engine
ATX Front Window
Bad Horsie Shock Covers
DDM Side Dominator Pipe
DarkSoul Axle Extender Front/Rear
DarkSoul Billet Roof Scoop
FatBoy Billet Wing Pins
FatBoy Billet Spur Cover Pins
HPI Hvy Duty Diff, Idler and Drive Gears
HPI High Response Clutch
LunaTik Front Bumper
LunaTik Whip Mount
LunaTik Window Nets
Modified Billet Clutch Carrier
Modified Billet Spur Cover
Outerwears pullstart and air filter covers
PhatDad Shock Shafts
PhatDad Turnbuckles
Ramtech Billet Clutch Cover
RamTech Shock Springs Front/Rear
Threshold Billet Front Bulkhead
Turtle Racing Diff Saver
Turtle Racing Reinforced Axle Set
Turtle Racing Front and Rear Hvy Duty Shock Mounts
Turtle Racing Steel Clutchbell
Team FastEddy Pro Bearing Kit
TGN Redneck
TGN Billet Plug Cover
and a few other items......

It has been the most enjoyable builds to date for me. So much nicer to work on than my other much smaller rigs.

baja_1.jpg

baja_2.jpg

baja_3.jpg

baja_4.jpg

baja_5.jpg

baja_61.jpg

sidekick.jpg

My Mini-Z I race every week.

stand2.jpg

I actually like the stock body colors. I will also be painting up a much darker body when I get the time.

Last edited:
Damn that is nice Rob. I need to get a 1/5 scale...soon. Great job on the makeover.

Looks good . Almost inspires me to dig mine out from the mud hole and do a rebuild .

Hey rob looks good,you have a free new fleefade comming asap!!!!!!!!!!!nice buggy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!see ya at the sf bash on the 24th

Awesome! Super clean! Sorry about your dad.

WOW I have one of the RTR 5B coming from a member on here, I might have to hit you up for some advice, I know nothing.....nothing (use your best SGT Shultz voice) At the very least you might want to sell me some of the stock stuff...:bandit:

Hey rob here is your body I had some free time today and ya I like stickers..its the flee fade candy purple to spazstik chrome backed by white to make it pop...hope ya like it I will ship it out tomarow for ya...dont forget we need pics..its trimmed and ready to mount as I do all the fastflee fades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn.

Nice job man.

Look forward to mounting it up.

Thanks again.

Very nice job Rob. I am currently trying to order one for myself. Most places are on back order which is driving me nuts. I can't stand it when I have the money but nobody has the hardware.......very frustrating.

We have a local Nor-Cal Baja / RC bash on the 24th of Feb at Ocean Beach in SF.
Its in the sand and everyone is welcome 8th/10th/5th scale. We will have a beach track setup with jumps and a tunnel.

I think you have built my dream lol, except for the purple, but its beautifull.

Bryson

It has the domes for 3 ceiling mounted spot lights. I'd be more than happy to provide the lights and installation at no charge to you.
Send the car, radio and several gallons of regular, along with some 2 cycle oil, and I'll have it back to you by June.
You have to understand that I need to test the lights under all conditions.

I think you have built my dream lol, except for the purple, but its beautifull.

Bryson

Ummm... Orgasm?

How much did you end up putting into that ride?

It's called manly purple and there is no way in hell I put in writing how much I have in the rig.

Rob, the build came out pretty sick... That FastFleeFade will top it off nicely...

We have a local Nor-Cal Baja / RC bash on the 24th of Feb at Ocean Beach in SF.
Its in the sand and everyone is welcome 8th/10th/5th scale. We will have a beach track setup with jumps and a tunnel.

Damn... I wish I could be there for that... Sounds like your gonna have one hell of a turnout...

Back