4908 t maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike2c

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently bought a tmaxx 4908 with the extended chasis and i have done a couple upgrades like new shocks, aluminum shock towers, steel constent velocity drive shafts and steel center drive and a steering servo. I'm wondering if there is any thing else i should change right away or did i get most of the basics let me know what esle you guys think i should get.

IMO---

I wouldn't change ANYTHING---

Why replace it, if it ain't broke?

I would get a roll cage and that's about it.

When something brakes i would upgrade it.

I have a roll cage already. thanks for you input

I recently bought a tmaxx 4908 with the extended chasis and i have done a couple upgrades like new shocks, aluminum shock towers, steel constent velocity drive shafts and steel center drive and a steering servo. I'm wondering if there is any thing else i should change right away or did i get most of the basics let me know what esle you guys think i should get.

I would get alluminum bulkheads to add to your list and you may also wanna look into RPM upper and lower control arms

I second the rpm a arms and aluminum bulkheads there almost indestructable, and since your there maybe a set of titanium hinge pins and maybe some titanium turnbuckles!

can you give me a link for the steel center shafts? i didnt think they existed for the 4908 thanks.

Don't buy Integy. It'll break right outta the package....Kinda like the Losi Comp Crawler.

Lunsford for turnbuckles, Flextek for Arms (or RPM, depends on your wallet), R/C Solutions for shafts. That's how'd I'd do it.

Do these fit the 4908 version with extended chasis
No they will not fit the extended chassis but it will fit the front. You'll prolly have to get a custom driveshaft like I did. Its hard to figure out what driveshaft you need when you dont buy the chassis yourself. Most of the time when you buy a extended chassis it comes with the longer driveshaft. You could try this. When you have the truck together measure from the pinion on the tranny (the end of the pinion) and then to the differential (again at the end of the pinion) then convert it to millimeters and that should in theory give you how long your cvd driveshafts should be. I'm pretty sure thats how you'll figure it.

No they will not fit the extended chassis but it will fit the front. You'll prolly have to get a custom driveshaft like I did. Its hard to figure out what driveshaft you need when you dont buy the chassis yourself. Most of the time when you buy a extended chassis it comes with the longer driveshaft. You could try this. When you have the truck together measure from the pinion on the tranny (the end of the pinion) and then to the differential (again at the end of the pinion) then convert it to millimeters and that should in theory give you how long your cvd driveshafts should be. I'm pretty sure thats how you'll figure it.

how did you get a custom drive shaft