3 speed upgarde

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh i have a 3 shoe clultch set up coming and a few different bells, So I may try that first, then put in the 3 speed when i get the .27

Yeh i keep braking mine too. I think its just too cold in Idaho right now, some of the plastic parts seem brittle. Or it could be the bad landings doing jumps at the skate park. :)

Well I've had a few good runs with the 3-speed...and ignoring the fact it requires a full dismantle to change 1-2 (thats my task for tonight) it seems to be running pretty good.

I found it had a fair bit of slop in the cogs, but once you screw it all together it probably locks into place well enough.

the changes seem to be better then the old 2 speed, but that could be my imagination.

Going to have to lower my gearing now tho as with the 3-speed and 47/18 gearing the thing is just to fast for a MT!! Although its still popping wheelies with the SH engine so it might become a nightmare if I do lower it some more...perhaps I just need to not go full speed.....nah...who am I kidding!!!

Over all I think I would have just stuck with the 2-speed if I was going to do it again, fast enough with the right gearing, and the SH didn't need the lower gearing to help it off the mark, guess its more designed for the stock engine.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the 3-speed and there experience with it?

thanks for the info. I dont think the 3 speed is worth it for the price, however i havent had 1st hand experience. Its all from reading.

How much is it optionally? I have the lim edition savage which comes as standard!
Also can savages pop wheelies?

kurtf5 said:
How much is it optionally? I have the lim edition savage which comes as standard!
Also can savages pop wheelies?

I've got a wheelie bar on mine as the SH 28 just wont leave the front on the ground if I gun it...never used the Nitro Star .25 much that came with it as I knew it wouldn't have enough power for me...and got the SH real cheap

Mine starting pulling wheelies after about the 10th tank. 4.6 (.28) SS.

1500valk said:
Mine starting pulling wheelies after about the 10th tank. 4.6 (.28) SS.

is that with the stock gearing? I put about the same amount thru the 25 and never got it to wheelie, the savage always tried to...but never quite, mind you I was running it rich as I'd just blown a VZB by having it to lean...

my savage 25 wheelied after about like 8 tanks. It would be hard to do so, but then I just tightened the slipper all the way down and it wheelied on command.

isnt tightening the slipper all the way bad for the tranny?

it isnt really. But I loosened it up now like it has been for a long time. ever since I started hitting jumps. Slipper al the way down adds better accel, but with it loose, when you go off a jump it protects the tranny and makes the spur the weak spot.

Back