.26 picco tune question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I finaly got around to trying my "new" used revo. came with a used picco .26 on it.

I had to replace the engine mount and the spur and bell gears. ( I have about $50 into this truck total LOL yes FIFTY)

The engine was free spinning ( not seized) so I figured I would set the needles to factory and see if she would run.

IT RUNS!!!

Doing a BUNCH of odd things though. I am going to seal the engine and try again.

It DEFINATELY seems like it wants to FLY, but for some reason 1/2 throttle is faster than WOT, I checked to make sure the slide was moving correctly. 1/2 is FASTER than full throttle?????? Anybody ever seen that before?

It takes off fairly well, but has no top end. also wont idle.

I have a feeling the carb is somehow screwed up.

I finaly got around to trying my "new" used revo. came with a used picco .26 on it.

I had to replace the engine mount and the spur and bell gears. ( I have about $50 into this truck total LOL yes FIFTY)

The engine was free spinning ( not seized) so I figured I would set the needles to factory and see if she would run.

IT RUNS!!!

Doing a BUNCH of odd things though. I am going to seal the engine and try again.

It DEFINATELY seems like it wants to FLY, but for some reason 1/2 throttle is faster than WOT, I checked to make sure the slide was moving correctly. 1/2 is FASTER than full throttle?????? Anybody ever seen that before?

It takes off fairly well, but has no top end. also wont idle.

I have a feeling the carb is somehow screwed up.

sounds like your high speed needle is lean. The idle problem could be either too rich on the LSN(low speed needle) or you could have low compression.

Try setting the idle gap to .5mm and then follow the tuning guide in the link below, it should help bring that engine up to spec.

also check the front bearing and see if the seal is messed up. i had a motor doing the same thing i pulled it out looked every thing over and the front seal was bad! the picco .26 had a lot of problems with that if it is an older motor that could be your probblem

also check the front bearing and see if the seal is messed up. i had a motor doing the same thing i pulled it out looked every thing over and the front seal was bad! the picco .26 had a lot of problems with that if it is an older motor that could be your probblem

Yours was doing the same thing??? Did a new front bearing fix your problem?
I have had to replace front bearings on traxxas engines before but they never displayed all the goofy problems this picco is having while running.

YES I just checked, the front bearing isleaking pretty bad, but i ddint think it would cause the odd things its doing, I realy thought my carb was gonna be leaking.

Where can I get a new bearing for the picco max .26 ? I am in USA.

Yours was doing the same thing??? Did a new front bearing fix your problem?
I have had to replace front bearings on traxxas engines before but they never displayed all the goofy problems this picco is having while running.

YES I just checked, the front bearing isleaking pretty bad, but i ddint think it would cause the odd things its doing, I realy thought my carb was gonna be leaking.

Where can I get a new bearing for the picco max .26 ? I am in USA.

Boca.com bearings. Great bearings, fast shipping. go ahead and get both bearings. if one is bad, chances are the other one is too. they sell both in a kit for the picco 26. for about $30.00. and if I where you I would go ahead and put a new piston and sleeve in it and give it a heat cycle break-in. You will basicly have a new monster.

By the way, the "factory settings" are retarded! I couldn't even start mine on "factory settings"!

Last edited:
I happen to have a NEW ceramic bearing I'm my parts bag that fit. I installed it tonight. gonna try her out next weekend.

Back