.26 Outlaw or Hyper .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alein

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I am now looking into a new engine as some how I sucked dirt into the engine. So what is the big differences between the 2 engines. The Hyper is the non race version. I know they both have the same rpm but the Outlaw will have more torque due to the bigger bore. I am not looking for a race engine but I can get the Hyper now were as the the Outlaw is on back order.

Make sure you are getting the hyper 21 8 port rather than the hyper 21 turbo. I would opt for the one you think you want more even if it means waiting a few weeks.

Oh how I love the Pico! Regardless of the tuning hell I went through (and still ocassionally go through!). I'm sealing the carb tonight in hopes that all those issues go bye-bye.

I dont think you can go wrong with either.

I agree with both my esteemed colleagues. Pirata has the right of it. Make sure you are getting the right Hyper 21...the one labeled as an 8 port. If you get the non 8 port version, you are simply getting an inferior product. Christian is also right. Ultimately it will be up to you. Both engines rock.

I personally run the Hyper 21 8-port, but that is primarily because at the time I bought it...they were on sale and the Outlaw had not come out, yet. Were I able to do it over...I might have gone with the Outlaw, BUT I don't know for sure...the Hyper puts out quite a bit of power and has not disappointed me yet.

hyper 8-port race doesn't have great bottom end from when I've seen. maybe the picco does. depends what you're looking for. 12 tooth clutch bell helps out the 8-port too.

Oh I can definately tell you the Pico has a complete nut-sack in the low end department. Allmighty at that!

The non-race Hyper 21 8 port has plenty of sack in the low department.

The Hyper is an 8port
Also am I not correct in that the electric start is a direct fit for the Outlaw .26 If it is then I know which engine i will be getting.

Çh®i§tiªñ
So is it just your luck that you got an engine that is not keeping a tune or is it know to be a problem of the Hyper.

Christian has the Picco Outlaw.

The Hyper 21 turbo is not an 8 port. It is something less. There is the Hyper 21 8 port, and then the Hyper 21 8 port Race. Two separate engines .

oops

Ok then is it a problem of the Outlaw

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Christian has the Picco Outlaw.

The Hyper 21 turbo is not an 8 port. It is something less. There is the Hyper 21 8 port, and then the Hyper 21 8 port Race. Two separate engines .
The turbo is something I have, that's broken.

Actually both engines seem to be a little finicky through the break in and take a little effort in the tuning department. Once you find the "sweet spot", you won't have too much in the way of problems from then on.

Alein,
To help you with your problem deciding,Id sell you my pico .26 for $150 shipped.Never seen a drop of nitro:flamer:

NitRo_____BooGiE
If only I had of known this last night. I had picked up the Hyper 8port as I got the go ahead from my better half to get it. But I maybe able to have a sale for it here in my area. How would you like to go about the transaction. My email is [email protected]

I was going thorough withdrawls from not being able to run the Savage. Now I have to try and get the Hyper started. All I can say is that this engine is so tight that I am afraid of breaking the pull start.

Do a search on the Hyper 21 8 Port. There are a bunch of us who have it and a few good tips on geting it broke in. Do a search, but one thing put some after run oil in it and crank it about a dozen times, and loosen the glow plug a little when you start it.

I remember RobH mentioning the low-end thing in another thread prior to this.. Are you still having probs Rob? We still have the 13 tooth c.b. and have awesome low-end.. People at the track always comment on it... it's in the Lightning RR and ours is the pull start version.. peace!!

Back