2010 Camaro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I don't play that way! I was asking a legit question. Just didn't read the full story on your friends car and what it was packing under the hood. hehe I am distracted by the elections coverage on the tv.

I just could not remember which 427 it was that GM buggered up.

One of our club members fastest times w/out NOS. [email protected] 1.6339 60'

How about some dealer stickers like this today. hehe Courtesy of cody

copo_zl1.jpg

Actually the 430 horsepower rating was the L88 rating. The "experts" say the ZL1 was really well over 500 horses. We all know they under-rated their engines for insurance reasons. Did you know that, in 1972, the auto makers went from measuring horsepower at the crank to measuring it at the rear wheel? That way they could publish lower HP ratings to keep the EPA happy without having to actually de-tune the motors.

Well since this is an RC website I will give the RC some love.

Claimed as the fastest RC Car. There is a youtube video in the link. That is all I know! LOL

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/worlds-fastest-rc-car-video-16176mph-run/

Actually the 430 horsepower rating was the L88 rating. The "experts" say the ZL1 was really well over 500 horses. We all know they under-rated their engines for insurance reasons. Did you know that, in 1972, the auto makers went from measuring horsepower at the crank to measuring it at the rear wheel? That way they could publish lower HP ratings to keep the EPA happy without having to actually de-tune the motors.

Yeah I knew that was the L88. However I did not know the fun fact about the HP ratings. GM under-rating their engines is always a good thing! :D

Those cars were fast for their time no doubt. The racers of those times were truly "Sled Drivers"
LOL

We didn't call 'em "Lead Sleds" for nothing! Sorry to hijack your thread. That is one sweet ride you bought. Post some pics when you take delivery of her? I hear it will be March of next year?

Yeah I knew that was the L88. However I did not know the fun fact about the HP ratings. GM under-rating their engines is always a good thing! :D

What I found funny is that the picture you posted is in fact a ZL1. That's why I thought the caption was so ironic! Maybe thats what they were getting at? Anyway, I gotta get to bed. The election left me kinda numb...

What I found funny is that the picture you posted is in fact a ZL1. That's why I thought the caption was so ironic! Maybe thats what they were getting at? Anyway, I gotta get to bed. The election left me kinda numb...

Yeah I think that was what they were hinting at. Or the photographer was an idiot. You can see it's an aluminum block.

Hijacking the thread is what we do best right? It was a just for the hell of it thread anyways. I will get pics as soon as it hits.

Drool on these rides. Hopefully they will one day build the LS7.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9224

Thats a sick camaro. but i have to be different and say Acura RSX Type S ftw.

Thats a sick camaro. but i have to be different and say Acura RSX Type S ftw.

:D good one... I liked the Acura RSX, too bad they don't build it anymore. Well in the US anyways.

I dig the Acura TL too. It's a classy car and I thought I saw them offer it at like 300hp now?

if a 400hp car beats a 500hp car some one can't drive i got 2 trans am i robed the engine out of the 79

i havent had the chance to go fill out my order sheet yet, still waiting to see what courtesy chevrolet is going to put on it for dealer optoins they do 3/4 tons with up to 800 hp and over a 1000 in torque for there diesels and the zo7 vettes are up to the 900 hp range the camaro build sheet aint finished yet i want the z07 crate motor n my camaro and how its gns be built is up in the air till they recieve the cars

my 1967 show camaro

camero051.gif

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/jeepinbeav/Mater004.jpg

[ATTACH=full]41094[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]41095[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]41096[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Camaro10-13-06134.gif
    Camaro10-13-06134.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Camaro10-13-06057.gif
    Camaro10-13-06057.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Camaro10-13-06103.gif
    Camaro10-13-06103.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 42
i havent had the chance to go fill out my order sheet yet, still waiting to see what courtesy chevrolet is going to put on it for dealer optoins they do 3/4 tons with up to 800 hp and over a 1000 in torque for there diesels and the zo7 vettes are up to the 900 hp range the camaro build sheet aint finished yet i want the z07 crate motor n my camaro and how its gns be built is up in the air till they recieve the cars

Here is a link to a camaro Chevy built with the LS7 (Z06) motor in it. Aparently they will have the z28 out next year with a supercharged 6.2 (same as ZR-1).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9224

My dealer got an e-mail from chevy last week that showed the total order so far as % of what model people were order. It was something like over 60% of the orders were for the SS2.