2.5r to 3.3 trans prob.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widowmaker

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys i had a 2.5r and put a new 3.3 on it now it wont shift i tryed another trans same thing no shifting tryed to adjust both and nothing the 3.3 is tuned grate the rpms get way to high afraid of blowing this new motor i have had 3.3 with the black trans before with on prob,do the new 3.3 have so much that the old trans can't hang nomore lol thanks

Have you checked the slipper, if it's slipping too much the trans won't realize the RPMs being put out.

yea tightened it all the way down just to check if it was the prob and nothing

Make sure the trans is clean on the inside ie: no oil, grease or dirt sometimes the shift shoe gets stuck do to contaminants

i opened one looks good inside shifted fine with the 2.5 on it just dont get how two trans would do the same thing

Only thing I can think of is that your running to rich

Had the same problem after replacing a gear in the trans.
Couldn't believe tightening the slipper fixed it.

Cranked it all the way down then backed it off about 30-45 degrees. problem gone.

I have the MAXX 2.5 myself & I thought if you drop in the 3.3 powerplant you would have to use the MAXX's 3.3 Trans. For the fact the 2.5's trans can't handle the upgraded power

^^Yep, I'm running a 3.3 on my classic maxx with the black trans and reverse, no issues.

Back