2.2 Jordans

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

run2jeepn

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I have them in my Hands. They are freaking sweet. They will give me a little over 1/4in more ground clearance and are 3/4in taller then the stock 2.2 mashers. The Maxx size Mashers have deeper tread block then the stock 2.2 Mashers also. I though I was going to have to make some custom wheels. All I'm going to do is cut off the outer bead. My total track width even with CVD's is under 11in's....:twisted: This will help making those gates that are tight.

On to Pic's.
DSCF2333.jpg

DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2334.jpg

DSCF2338.jpg

DSCF2339-1.jpg

DSCF2337.jpg

That is quite a difference in sidewall height. I think you guys that make your own tires are brave souls! Nice work.

That is quite a difference in sidewall height. I think you guys that make your own tires are brave souls! Nice work.

I don't trust myself. I had someone make them. I mean two sets of new tires is not cheap. Plus what he charged me to make them. These by far are the most expensive tires I have ever owned. :w00t:

Yeah I dont trust myself either . Hell I just paid 230 bucks canadian for a set of Axial beadlocks and Moabs . Thats alot of money to me and I dont wanna be hackin tires up and ... ooops my bad . Oh well Ill just go buy more .

Oh and I like the VW body . I tried to find one up here but all they has was a LST bug body non baja style . I hope I can make it work .

Yeah I dont trust myself either . Hell I just paid 230 bucks canadian for a set of Axial beadlocks and Moabs . Thats alot of money to me and I dont wanna be hackin tires up and ... ooops my bad . Oh well Ill just go buy more .

Oh and I like the VW body . I tried to find one up here but all they has was a LST bug body non baja style . I hope I can make it work .

You mean this Bug Body. This is a 2.2 Pimp Cane also.
PICT2079.jpg

What type of foam insert are you using in the 2.2 Jordan's? Star cut? Any additional tire weights added?

Well here are the Pictures. The best part. My total with is under 12in. Without any special wheels.
DSCF2340.jpg

DSCF2341.jpg

DSCF2344.jpg

DSCF2343.gif

What type of foam insert are you using in the 2.2 Jordan's? Star cut? Any additional tire weights added?

No Foams. With running CLod axles I can get away with running 14oz's of AirSoft BB's. You can see them sitting on the bench in the first pic. They help support sidewall strength alot more then foam.

No Foams. With running CLod axles I can get away with running 14oz's of AirSoft BB's. You can see them sitting on the bench in the first pic. They help support sidewall strength alot more then foam.

Is no foams also recommended for a super comp rig?

I'd run foams and Knuckle packs on a Super. Maybe a 1/2 foam 1/2 BB's. I looking for some BB's that are the same size has these but 1/2 the weight. That way I can fill a Tire twice as much but use the same about of weight. I filled a Moab XL with Pony beads which are just a little lighter then these AirSoft BB's and it still weighed over 1-1/2lb. Just one tire. So I'm just running Star cut and battery packs under the knuckles.

[ame=http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/run2jeepn/?action=view&current=Jordans-1.flv]
th_Jordans-1.jpg
[/ame]

Sweet vid... I can see myself building a 2.2 Pimp Cane soon.. Well Ill finish the super first . Then Ill start collecting some parts .

Gotta say, those tires are MEAN!!! Great setup you got there!

If you like these tires but don't want to spend all that dough. Keep your eye open for used sets. You can find used 2.2 Moabs all the time. Then I'm sure you guys can find used Maxx Sized Mashers easy. But once you have that done. E-Mail David with Xtreme Rc Hobbies @ http://www.xtreme-rc-hobbies.net/ and He can hook ya up. I'm not sure what he charges to cut and shut these.

Back