1/8 engines which one to all o.s. and ws711 owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldhuntvw

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
From what I gathered by my last thread was, pick the 0.S. vz-b v-spec or the RB concepts ws711. I'm leaning towards the o.s. Not just becouse It's cheaper but heard it's got more balls than the rb of the line but the rb wins in long straight tracks. But my local track only has one long straight then it's all turns where you have to slow down, so the o.s. sounds better. Please post reply all you o.s and rb engine owners.

alot of people that have personnaly drivin/owned both engines have recommended the V-spec over the ws7II, due to its dense low end and mid range. (and there for making the O.S. not sensitive to clutch/pipe tune, unless you consider burning up composite shoes from mad power a problem!) i am biased owning a v-spec my self but I'm pretty sure you can toss a coin on it and be happy either way.

in any case i 100% recommend the O.S.

If you have a more technical and short track like your saying then the V-Spec would be a good choice for you. I have heard over and over how great it's low-end is. The Ws7-II is a great engine also, thats why I got one but if you dont got room for it to get up and go it would not be able to show what it can do. The V-Spec would probably be the next engine I bought everyone seems to rave about this engine, the only thing I would like to know is how long it lasts.

Ws7

:smoke: on the WS7II why dont you just drop a tooth on the bell :hammer:

some people choose an engine that way.. but you really should think it out cause I've noticed some people never use their full range of rpm's

The straight away was probably at least 75 feet thats a guess I thought they made it 90 I dont know it's long.

we dont know the track type either... you dont want too much acceleration... if your tires dont grip all you will get is wheel spin.. and if you change to a high grip tire you tend to be fighting the tire as it folds over

traction rolls i guess you would call em just thought of that now..

I wasn't trying to say that the Ws7II couldn't be geared for a more technical track I was just saying that with what he described with his track having a lot of turns, and say both engines had the same toothed clutch bell what engine would accelerate out of those turns better, from what I have heard that would be the V-Spec.

the vspec ownes everything short of a $500+ modified 421B on a short course. and it has legs to keep up on a long course. wheel spin is controlled with your trigger finger. however nothing can control lack of power. there is a reason that all pros keep more than 1 type on engine on hand.
torque motor = short/technical course (vspec)
high rpm motor = long flowing fast course (WS7-2)

kyosho138 said:
we dont know the track type either...

from very first post-->
Idhuntvw said:
my local track only has one long straight then it's all turns where you have to slow down

kyosho138 said:
you dont want too much acceleration...

bullshit

gotta call em as i see em, ya know...............

Theres no such thing is TOO much acceleration---Just bring it, as I say:)

CorradoPsi said:
the vspec ownes everything short of a $500+ modified 421B on a short course. and it has legs to keep up on a long course. wheel spin is controlled with your trigger finger. however nothing can control lack of power. there is a reason that all pros keep more than 1 type on engine on hand.
torque motor = short/technical course (vspec)
high rpm motor = long flowing fast course (WS7-2)

from very first post-->

bullshit

Corrado now i gotto admit you are really out doing yourself now, i agree 100% with what you just posted and 200% with your reply to kyosho

Kyosho i have noticed through all of your recent posts that you keep dogging high end cars and motors, why? would it be that you dont have them and can't actually see the point in them cause you can't drive ??????????? and if this isnt the case, which i believe it is, why would you lie to people on here other than maybe you dont know any better,
Power= control, lack of power= well lack of power, and like corado said if you buy a high end motor your power is controled with your trigger not the fact that you motor can't actually generate enough power!!!!!!!!

wheeelspin ???hmmmmm....they are called trim buttons aren't they?....arent those the buttons that let you control your throttle response ?...man if it aint i have been doing this all wrong for a long time....but then again on higher dollar radio's you can set these adjustments....

i guess if i was using a traxxas t max stock radio it would go as soon as i hit the trigger button....lol

expo i think is what it is called. lol

WS7II will last the longest but id go for the O.S cause in my opinoin the fastest one out of the corner will be the fastest at the end of the strightaway... either engine you choose you will be happy...

oh yeah by the way i dont have one of those high dollar radio's... but if this guy is getting an engine before a radio id find that kinda stupid... cause you gotta be able to drive that power haha

i think the best way to control power would be by use of a finger (*no...not THAT one!). another device that i like to help control power is a fast throttle/brake servo. i do have a nice radio but personally i dont use the full potential that it has.

i have seen guys run smoother with more control with lower end mills. on the same hand some of us will have more control with more power. it seems i can't find enough power and I'm always looking for more. as soon as i find the perfect motor it wont be two weeks and I'm looking for more.

back on topic- i feel the v-spec is gonna be your best bet. when you get comfy with just send it off and get it modded.

if its power you want- look into the jp fx b5n. I'm picking up two or three for next year because it is the fastest mill i have ever seen. right now there are only eight of these that have been modded by my modifier and he says they are even stronger than his signature mill. thats bad ass!

kyosho138 said:
oh yeah by the way i dont have one of those high dollar radio's... but if this guy is getting an engine before a radio id find that kinda stupid... cause you gotta be able to drive that power haha

you dont need a high dollar radio to drive a powerful motor. its called practice. i run my v-spec with zero expo or traction control from my radio. its available but not needed.

flash said:
if its power you want- look into the jp fx b5n. I'm picking up two or three for next year because it is the fastest mill i have ever seen. right now there are only eight of these that have been modded by my modifier and he says they are even stronger than his signature mill. thats bad ass!

yo, have you checked out the Medial Pro M2K yet? everyone I've talked to thats run it claims its just flat out disgusting fast. check out either the latest or last months XtremeRC they tested both the XB8 with a 421B and the 777 with the M2K. compare the accelleration #'s between the 2, its nuts. and the cars are both very efficient so it will give you a good idea of the power difference.

the B5N is based on the P5 btw, id think that JP's motor based on the 421B would be even stronger.

Flash, where have you seen the Jp Fx b5n for the best price I really want to give this engine a try. Rcmushroom has it for $420 do you know of anywhere that has it cheaper? It and the V-Spec are the two engines I really want to try next.

I know you dont need a high dollar radio to drive a high dollar engine its just easier when you have one... its so difficult driving my friend's rc10gt with his stock radio... everything else is hopped up... sence he got a better radio he hands the controls to me i almost woop his times.. stadium trucks are fun it made me think of getting one.. but id rather have a buggy... more fun to work on and more compition racing around here

corado- I've had both. i hated the 421b. with as many motors as I've tuned i will say that was the worst of all of them. the m2k is a very hot mill, but i think the b5n (modded) will smoke it hands down no matter how hot you make it run. yes the b5n is a variant of the p5 but so is the m2k. i guess the cutting work is more accurate with the b5n? RB Mods is the only place i will send a mill for work and if you've seen his work then I'm sure you would feel the same.

nitro 21- id say $420 for a jp fx b5n is the best price I've seen. the one I'm looking at is said to be around $300-350 but it isnt modded by jp. it is the stock b5n which i will have modded by my guy. he does some very good work and gives more benifits to the motor. longer run times, more power all over the rpm range, cooler running temps, more rpm and longer engine life, not to mention the best customer service to be found.

Back