1/24 motor and esc combo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Has anybody tried this combo?
Normally I would use a Furitek system but it's just too expensive.
This combo is $50.

61ojd6xYSbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, I stupidly bought one. First time I've done that without reading the reviews. Haven't installed it. Numerous people told me it was a POS. One even told me to return it. But, I already opened it. Oops.

I am sure the motor is just fine. But reviews and videos have all talked about how it is really twitchy at low speeds. Just a terrible ESC from what people are saying. The videos I have seen of it clearly show how bad it is. I thought about trying one, but just way too much bad press for me.

Last edited:
I am sure the motor is just fine. But reviews and videos have all talked about how it is really twitchy at low speeds. Just a terrible ESC from what people are saying. The videos I have seen of it ckearly show how bad it is. I thought about trying one, but just way too much bad press for me.
Exactly. I'm contemplating another ESC. But, even the cheapest I've seen puts the price over a furitek system. Plus, you'd have to change out connectors....and do it right. This is one I was considering. Great reviews.

https://www.dinkyrc.com/products/d-drive-micro-sport-25amp-brushless-esc

Recently found this one. May contact the seller and ask questions. Might work.

https://www.wolframrc.com/product/v-2-micro-brushless-esc-16a-pn-racing/1566

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm not impressed at all watching the videos.
I'm going with the Furitek system.

Back