1:1 car thoughts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx97

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, it has been a while since i have been on but i am back. alright here it goes, i have a 92 toyota pickup 4X4. it is a fun little truck, it has the 2.4 liter 4 cyl in it, which for a 4 cyl goes pretty good. i just had almost everything re-done including the clutch, brakes, shocks, and tires. i love this truck but i have had enough fun with it. the only thing is that it has 227,000 miles on it. for a toyota that isnt that bad considering alot of people get around 300,000 on them.

i have really been looking at a 97 mitsubishi eclipse gsx. there is a guy that i know that has one and he really likes my truck as i really like his car. he offered me a straight over trade! i couldnt believe it so i told him that i would go home and sleep on it and get back with him. the car has exhuast, rims, intake, and a few little mods done to it. this is a very nice car. it has 124,000 on it.

do you think it is a good deal? myself i think that is a incredible deal. i know for a fact that i can't find a deal anywhere else like that. i just want some input on what u guys think.

thankz
bryan

If you don't take the Eclipse I'll slap you. :D But really, that is a great deal, I would definetely go for it but I am not a truck person so my opinion si somewhat biased. But if you valued both cars your truck would not be near that Eclipse I bet. Post up some pics of it if you do. I love my Mitsubishi 3000GT :D!

Sounds like a good deal if the eclipse is in really good shape. Sound like you have done a lot to the truck because of all of the miles which usally means that there are other things that will start to go wrong with it, If I was you I would do it :)

No kidding, dump the truck and get the eclipse. youd be dumb not too.. I would have took it and ran in a second!

I think that generation eclipse has some issues with the crankshaft. I forgot what it's called, but it's something like the crankshaft causes the bearings to blow out which does some poopy stuff to the engine...i dunno. Friend of mine explained it, and basically, he went through like 3 engines before he sold the car. All engines blew due to the same problem.

Back