revo flips when i jump it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feelthegirth

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When I jump something it seems like the truck wants to flop forwards. Anything I can do or is the problem my driving. I'm pretty new to the nitro.

Are you on the brakes one you come off the jump? If you hit the brakes in the air it will flip the nose of the truck down.

Stay on the gas off the end of the jump. If you let off the gas right before your car leaves the ramp it will nose dive every time. If you give it to much gas of the end of the jump you will either do a backflip or land on the rear of the truck.

Make sure to lay off the gas when in the air. If you don't, the centrifugal force will cause it to back flip/land on it's roof or tail really hard. At least until you get a feel for it. Also, you don't want to pin the throttle when off the ramp or the tires will be spinning way faster than the truck when it lands, which will shell out diffs/gears/axles.

Throttle/brake are your controls in the air just as they are on the ground. More gas brings the nose up, more brake drops the nose down. Too much of either... ends up costing $! lol

How long is the slope of the ramp? If it's not longer than the truck, then that will also cause it to front flip a lot. All 4 tires need to make contact with the ramp before any two tires leave the ramp.

Back