American flag with black line through it... what does it mean?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
On my way home the other day I was behind this truck that had a sticker on it's tailgate of the American flag with a black slash through it... what does this mean?

lgu9j.gif

I can't say for sure but perhaps it is similar to the black stripe that athletes wear when one of their own dies. I would think its to remember the lives lost in the war on terror.

Judging from the rest of the stickers and license plate he has, i would certainly say he pro-America.

Judging from the rest of the stickers and license plate he has, i would certainly say he pro-America.

I thought the same thing as well seeing the rest of the truck, but in my opinion crossing out the American flag isn't a respectable thing.

I agree. Good thought. Poor Execution.

I am googling to see what i can find but am coming up short.

I just looked, nothing. Thats kind of odd though, only thing I could think of is maybe the guy put the stripe there himself and to only him does it mean something.

Seeing the bottom left sticker I would think he's related to Rolex.

I don't think he's relayed to Rolex. The truck isn't in a showcase.

Buckle up america? lol idk.

I know in law enforcement/fire fighting and such we put a black ribbon across our badges when we loose a fellow officer, so I am gonna have to go with he is doing it for all of the troops we have lost in the war.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it means he or she lost a family member in the military. Most likely a son or daughter.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it means he or she lost a family member in the military. Most likely a son or daughter.

You would think that if thats what it is, it would be easy to google and find something about it, but I couldnt.

Just like me, he's a Norwegian. The Norseman sticker on the window and the Uff Da sticker on the bumper says it all.

I agree with the suggestion of mourning a loss, like an officer's badge, but it could be a sign of mourning for what's happening to this country.

In australia the black line means the loss of life...

but same as you guys not through our flag...???

it could be a sign of mourning for what's happening to this country.

This sounds like it's the most likely reason. Probably a homemade job.

I asked around the office and everybody agrees that you don't put lines through the flag for anything.

He's also got a plaque in his trailer hitch that says "U.S.M.C. Veteran.
It has to be something valid, since there's no way he would show disrespect as a Marine.
I googled everything I could think of. Sooner or later we'll all know.

I agree with everybody's elses input. Nice thought, poor execution.

"Never place anything on the U.S. flag . The U.S. flag should never have placed upon it, or on any part of it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture or drawing of any nature."

-Flag.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back