ouch! servo problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello again i finally got my revo running GREAT!!! but only one problem. my shifting servo is getting very hot!! and its not working. i have used my temp gun and pointed it at the motor in side the servo and it was 163º+!!! and it motor isin't even moving am using stock servos and this IS A BRAND NEW SERVO any suggestions?

Does it work if you disconnect the linkage? It might just need the linkage adjusted so there isn't so much pressure pushing on it.

Most people remove it entirely and get a FOC (forward only conversion). Less junk to worry about and the trans lasts longer. The reverse gear has a tendency to grind up early in it's life.

Does it work if you disconnect the linkage? It might just need the linkage adjusted so there isn't so much pressure pushing on it.

Most people remove it entirely and get a FOC (forward only conversion). Less junk to worry about and the trans lasts longer. The reverse gear has a tendency to grind up early in it's life.

yeah link isin't on and yep! the FOC will be in my next order but how do you check your battery without the opti drive?

You can use a failsafe, which you should use anyway. Or you can plunk down some coin and get a Nomadio Sensor or React! Back on to you question, the stock mini servo for for/rev is junk, they are prone to self-detonation for no apparent reason.

ok thanks guys!! reverse is going "bye bye":jet:

I run a Spektrum on my Revo and put in the Center diff/ rear brake combo. The Spektrum also has a built-in fail safe.

Back