WING~OR~no wing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello ill make my question short. what really is the purpose of a WING and is it just for racers mostly? because i bash i never race this

may and prolly does sound very stupid for me not to know this but thanks for your help!

Even if you bash the wing will help protect the head when you land on your lid

hmm thats true but is that the only use when bashing? guess it could kinda serve as a *wheely* bar because it can't go but so far back even though thts not its real purpose. . .

It will also guarantee that your truck stays on it's lid when you flip...No more lucky rolls back onto the wheels.

0.o very true! didint think about that thats good thinking!

It will give the rear more downforce to stay level in the air and land on your wheels (that is, if you know how to jump well ;))

It will give the rear more downforce to stay level in the air and land on your wheels (that is, if you know how to jump well ;))

sure thing i see so many people that dont have the slightest clue how to jump.... makes me sad really;)

I honestly just like the look of the wing. I don't have one yet but will soon. I use my revo for bashing as well. SO for me it will just be the truggy look that the wing gives. If that helps any.

I have been using the maximum downforce wing from proline lately and I notice that it improves handling not only in the air but on the ground too....and it keeps the front tires on the ground at high speeds. ;)

the tekno mount with a wing makes a great wheelie bar. my truck would just flip over and play dead without it!!

the tekno mount with a wing makes a great wheelie bar. my truck would just flip over and play dead without it!!

rofl! thanks every one!

The Wing will add looks and improve handling no questions asked. I say so for the wing and braket. If its not something you like, keep it on a shelf and show it to your grandkids when you have them. Its not like it will break the bank at a little over 20 bucks for the mounts and the wing.

I have a problem i have a roll cage on my revo 3.3 and i want a wing on my truck but i dont want to get red of my roll cage how could i make it all work to gether ????

what type of roll cage do you have, with the cage, you already have lots of protection, maybe teh tekno adjustable wing would fit...

I have a VG racing roll cage and I dont want the wing for protection i just think it looks cool .

Back