Single Servo Linkage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonOne

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What are you guys using for linkage in your single servo set ups????

Does the Jato linkage fit the revo???

JetMech is that a Jato linkage on the nice Revo I picked up from you?

I have two rigs with single servo steering and I have not run the the Jet rig yet(Spektrum coming frm Santa) The other one has what looks like a duratrak linkage on it and it is in need of replacing....the stock rods are too long..

Any hints??

TalonOne

Proline single servo arm. Or you can take the stock arm and cut off the side not being used.

No man the linkage.....not the arm.....the actual attatchment to the servo...

maybe a picture of what you are talking about to help all that reading this ?

duratrax.jpg

OK First one is of the suspected Duratrax linkage..........the piece between the arm and the servo.......works ok....but I need spares.....and it is partially stripped on one end so it is being held together with threadlock.

jetmech.jpg

The one above is of the Jetmech mobie ....now keep in mind this one is on a 2.5 chassis and not an extended ,so everything looks compressed....but I think that is a Jato linkage in there....besides it looks tight and right....if you know what I mean.

SO the question is WHAT are you guys using for single servo linkage hardware???? I would like to settle on one or the other, or one of your suggestion and stock up.

TalonOne

Is it me or does the linkage look shorter in the last pic? The first one looks noticeably longer.

now keep in mind this one is on a 2.5 chassis and not an extended ,so everything looks compressed

Jon2, I'm thinking the difference lies in the the chassis length. The 3.3 chassis is longer, correct?

Talon, I'm not sure what the Jato linkage looks like, but mine looks the same as Jet's and is bone stock (except my servo horn is for a Hitec servo). I'm guessing that's what Jet was running before he sold out...I mean sold...his Revo.

Yes there is a noticable difference in the length......but if you look at the Jet Mobile (I know the pics suck) it has the ends tightened all the way down...or just about...so I was thinking it could span the distance. (and they are cheap)

I will give a stock 3.3 one another try......but it is almost too long it looks like.

I was able to get a fresh end on the old duratrax one just now so it may hold out for awhile.

MW is yours a 2.5 chassis????? Perhaps the Jato and the 2.5 are similiar enough that traxxas uses the same gear....

Anyway looks like I have two trucks running now.......I should get the Spektrum radio goods under the tree so I will then have the Jet Mobile up and at em.

Now for the ground up build...all of the p[arts are here now.....just need to get off my arse and DO IT.....;)

Talon

Out

Didn't realize the 2.5 and the 3.3 were the two rides you have.

Ok I will grab one the next time I am out to the LHS. I noticed on the exploded views that part is definatly different on the 3.3 chassis and the regular one.

Yours just looks like it will work better......and obviosly if it has been working great for you I will follow suit..

BTW Jet, Ordered my card of McCoys yesterday....I was sold when I took your old one out of the OS and put it in my 3.3 that was being stouburn to start....and it fired right up ...been running that very plug ever since. Any plug that can sit for months and bring an engine to life has my vote.

Talon Out.

Back