Clutch...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m00nst0ne69

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So it seems that I am close to having my rig working right again. Any thoughts on upgrading the clutch? I know the opinion of Integy here is poor at best but I wonder if the integy three shoe clutch conversion for the revo would be worth it?

There's nothing wrong with the stock clutch, trust me. I know of more people that had problems with after market clutches on the Revo, including the MIP. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with the stock clutch, trust me. I know of more people that had problems with after market clutches on the Revo, including the MIP. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

I had issues with the stock clutch! It's weird what things break for some people that don't for others. (referencing push rod thread)

I broke a couple clutch springs and melted a couple stock clutches to goo, then I installed an 1/8 scale 3 shoe for a savage. I had to move the trans forward, but it was well worth the effort. My hole shot is much more solid. I didn't realize how much punch I was loosing with the stock clutch until I replaced it.

Has onyone tried an aluminum clutch set up on their Revo? Not an 1/8th scale. Not looking to modify the Revo set up. I just like the punch that the aluminum set up gives. What are the ones being used? Jet Sounds like you may have some insight to this.

I don't know that I have seen anyone use the aluminum shoe other than in a 1/8th setup. I know someone is making a Revo shoe in aluminum but can't recall who. Of the aftermarkets I have seen, most have had better luck with the Werks

Back