Some what newby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyappex

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First off hello everyone. I recently got a new 3.3 and already had 2.5 but both are mostly stock. I am looking for some ideas on what to do as first as hopups on both. dont no if it matters but i put os 18 on the 2.5. Thanks for all the input. Forgot to add that i am going to be mostly racing.

Depends what you want to spend. I'm assuming that you've already got tires that work well on your track.

First thing I would do is the radio and servos. Single steering and something quick on the throttle.

P2 rockers
extended wheel base arms
ditch the easy start and use a pull start
foward only conversion

These are just to name a few. It really comes down to what you want to spend, and what you plan on doing with it.

I already have p2 rockers and removed the easy start. i got a couple dollars to speed.

foc would be a big priority and servo upgrades. Also have you done the slayden mods to improove steering throw? You can race the revo without many extreme mods.

Servo......servo.....servo....

I MUST concur that the servo's are the MUST HAVE upgrade and you can remove the dual configuration and replace with just ONE.

Here is what I use and I have NEVER had a failure:

HSC-5955 Titanium Gear High Speed
333oz of torque at 6volts
Dual ball bearings
Titanium-Alloy gear set
Ultra hard servo gear shafts with 2 axial brass case bushings
Water and dust resistant
Metal heatsink, middle case

This MAY sound like over kill, but I assure you that it will be the LAST servo you will ever buy for the truck AND IF you ever have a failure, HITEC will replace it FREE for TWO years!

It will hold the turns on 40 series tires at full throttle and always self centers because it is digital.

Tower sells for $115, but www.RushRC.com sells for $99.

Anyway, that is my two cents. I have a $2500 Revo that is SICK and I can keep on going with what I think you should do next, so let me know if you want to know.

P.S. I would do the complete aluminum steering upgrade in concert with the servo upgrade. It makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited:
Integy sterring setup

Integy makes a ton of good stuff for the Revo. There are also several other good after market companies too that make some great stuff. www.rushrc.com carries them all or can get them for you.

Anyway, here is the steering setup I recommend and it comes in Blue or Silver.
:OMG:

Last edited:
Not have not done any mods. Ok radio first and servo. Thanks for helping all Ideas greatly appreciated

ok going to do the slayden mods

Last edited:
ok i got another ? should i get a quickturn or the center diff and rear brakes setup or can i do both sorry if its a dumb ?

cyappex said:
ok i got another ? should i get a quickturn or the center diff and rear brakes setup or can i do both sorry if its a dumb ?

Bad luck here with the center diff. Turning a truck into a buggy just does not work well.......but I am sure others here have had luck, so it is just my opinion. All my customers have gone back to the the stock center setup.

ALSO, the brakes on the REVO and NEW TMAXX are some of the best on the market. REAL pads (like on a real car:bow: ). Anyway, the right servo, and adjustment will make the truck stop on a dime or even INDO

Last edited:
Center Diff/Rear Brake

Go with the center diff and rear brake combo. You can adjust the amount of front to rear braking bias for your driving style. I'm just a basher and really love it.:cloud9:

Jet and Hamz have great suggestions. I have the Center diff and rear brake kit on my 3.3 but I am in the market for the 2.5. I like the option of an 1/8th brake set up feel. I have yet to drive it due to the butt cold weather but I hope to give a review soon