Need some advise....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane1041

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys I need a little help .... My birthday is comming up and the wife and kid are wanting to know what I need/want for my revo and I dont know what to really tell them ......

Here is my set up
Revo 2.5
Os18TM
Bowties on Velocity wheels
FOC
Proline wing
P2 Rockers
Spektrum radio
Hitech 645 fuel/brake and stering Servos
I also have a new CP Custom painted body ( On order from a forum member)
I have some parts on hand such as rocker, fuel , glow plugs,Diff oil , shock oil ....etc..

So here is where I am stuck ...what should I get next
Should I get some rpm arms and axle carriers .....CVD's.....or what .

Last edited:
Tekno RC stuff or RPM stuff is always cool. How about a tuned pipe? One piece like the trinity or the Traxxas resonator. Fail safe for sure and maybe the aluminum steering arm.

jon2 said:
Tekno RC stuff or RPM stuff is always cool. How about a tuned pipe? One piece like the trinity or the Traxxas resonator. Fail safe for sure and maybe the aluminum steering arm.

lol ...I should have said I have a ths ??? tuned pipe .....on the aluminum steering arm tower is out of stock so I am going to try to find it elsewhere .......I need to look into the teckno stuff

DSM has a failsafe built in, stock shafts should be more than fine. How about some swing-back arms, an FOC, and a new body? Maybe some wheels and tires?

I say a 3.3 cahssis and diff+brake kit. Or, tekno rear extended wheel base arms, radio box/ fuel take kit and bigger fuel tank and that's all I can think of.

Is it a racer or a basher? If racer, response tires on hurrican rims and a tire balancer or any of the stuff above.

I'd only replace the arms with rpm's as they break, since you can buy only one side (i.e. fr).

I am a recreational racer ....there is 7 or 8 of us that run on a oval track here ....I updated the first post to include my tire wheel combo and FOC

Tekno stuff is cool, how about an RDRacing Products Quick Turn drive shaft?

You may want to get some weights so you can have a weight bias on your turn side. I'd say get something...ANYTHING to extend your wheel base so you can give it a little more gas and not worry about wheelies.

jetmechG550 said:
how about an RDRacing Products Quick Turn drive shaft?

A quick drive would be very nice, thats next on my list if I keep the Revo.

Extended arms, stronger steering servo, Tekno stuff, Helotes battery pack

Ok here is what I have came up with so far , Tell me what you think

Tekno RC RX/Battery Box & Fuel Tank Conversion for REVO
Ofna Hyper One Seven 250cc Tank
Racer's Edge Silicone Fuel Tubing (2 ft, yellow)

I am also going to pick up some extra turnbuckles and pushrods , shock covers etc....

But I seen where the quickturn was metioned here ,If you had to choose between the rear brake center Diff kit or a quick turn which would you get?

What brand ext arms would you get also?

I agree with the 3.3 chassis, center diff/brake kit too. I did it to my 2.5 and it became a whole new animal.

Just didn't know if you would want to go that extreme with the upgrades.

I'd go with the Quick Turn, myself. Gives you rear breaks and take the front end push out when cornering. Just my opinion, though.

I love the quick turn, my only recommendation with it is you need to advise the other racers that you don't have front brakes so while they think you might be nailing the gas cause the front tires are spinning your really not, it's just how it is. It will lead to less destruction and mayhem if you do so, take my advice on that, I'm speaking with first hand knowledge!

not a option , I like the revo too much .........

Shane1041 said:
But I seen where the quickturn was metioned here ,If you had to choose between the rear brake center Diff kit or a quick turn which would you get?

I have a Revo 3.3 and still want the quick turn instead of the center diff/rear brake combo.

Does someone have a link to the quick turn? Thanks.

Back