Mamba setup...What the Crap!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Man this thing is really pissing me off...
I turn the switch off
plug in battery
wait for single beep and lights
pull trigger
wait 2 seconds and
NOTHING.......the servo turns
the stinking thing lights up and beeps.....the instructions BLOW.....
didn't find any thing on the forum.....can anyone help.....

Get the USB programming cord...It will make your life easyer....I know this first hand!

Thanks Zandor...I'm going to see if I can pick one up today....I spent 3 hours trying to get that F'ing crap going and couldn't get it to recognize the first throttle pull....that has got to be the crappiest set of instructions I have EVER read....do I pull the trigger and hold it til I turn the switch on or pull it then turn the switch...or pull it hold it and wait for the light to beep.....I'm sure they've got plenty of bitch complaints but I'm going to have to send yet another....

Plaid, try contacting Misty Elliot at [email protected]. I've been communicating with her regularly regarding my deep fried ESC and she's been very good about getting back to me with updates and what not.

If I can't get a link before next monday I'll do that.....I'm amped to get this thing ready so I can take it to NC next week....I built a HUGE jump in front of a 5-6 ft drop and there's a downhill about 20 ft from the jump.......I WANT AIR....damit if I can't do it on a snowboard anymore I'll live vicariously through my toys....LOL....

Get the link. It's about 25.00 and well worth it. You can change your parameters at anytime. You download the software from the Castle website.

Well I bought the link..now I have to look at it til I get home tonight....DAMN.....I felt really stupid trying to follow the directions they give....and come to find out there is an easy setup method that I didn't have inthe box....friggin Castle packers.....anywhoo....this should get the beast running tonight....hopefully I can run it w/o killing it too quick....

You'll still be glad you got the USB link.

Let us know how the bash session works out! I have the 18b with a Mamba 6800, GP 1200 cells. Thinking of getting a lipo set up for it. Love lipo on my planes and TC4.

I think I got the comp-x motor....not sure....it wasn't the baddest one but just under it....I got woried after I mounted it and pushed the chassis on the table...it still rolls easily.....LOL...I tore the thing apart again and figured I missed the gear mesh.....but it's not a typical motor is it....DOOOH!!!!

yea i bought the mamba a few weeks ago, tried to program the thing and same thing as you light turns on, flashes, beeps, all this bullshit and then does nothing. The instructions are horrible.

Well the programming sucks,I managed to get two setups right after a few tries and repeats. Do not sweat it,after its dialed it will bring a big smile on your face.

HOLY CRAP...this thing is freakin fast....I don't know if I wanna jump it now....it goes faster than my 1/8 scale buggy.......UNREAL......

Competition X IS the top of the line. Comes with the MMB25 esc and CM2080 motor. Thats the 8000Kv that everyone is talking about buddy. Mini-T's have been clocked at over 60Mph with that motor.

Ala Ludacris... "MOOOVE B***! Git out the WAAAYYYY!!"

there's not alot of initial torque though...I kind of need that to play on teh ramps.....I might have to set the brushless in the M18 and put the Baja setup in this one......this thing is hands down the fastest RC I own right now......holy crap it is unreal.....I need to put oil in the front shocks.....

well had first disaster w/ it...the aluminum arms peeled a pin AND the capture for it right off....I tagged a curb at close to WOT and it just ripped it right off....I already have the replacement parts and it's not alot of damage...I was showing it off to people I work w/...they were not impressed at all til I started doing some high speed passes through the middle of the crowd....then the questions started rolling...LOL....to bad I don't visit job sites much anymore....I'd show some of the older engineers my T-maxx and they were all impressed w/ that.....this lil truck is too cool....I highly recommend getting one for those non-nitro times in our lives.....

What kind of powersource you running that on? I've got an 18B, and have been thinkin of the brushless setup for a while now.

right now I'm just using the Mamba Competition motor w/ LRP 1200mah 6 cell pack.....if this motor ESC does end up in the M18 I'll probably look into LiPo packs since the road car is less likely to be launched in the air at insane speeds.....

glad you got it working. I think i had that problem but I just recalibrated and all went fine.

Plaid, you say its faster than your 1/8 buggy? What buggy? I just listed my rc18 on ebay last night with a mamba 6800 and 8 cell. I think it goes about 35 mph. Dont most buggies go like 50+mph? I know on most the ofna boxes thats what it says.

I have an XB8 w/ a P5 and this RC18 broke 40 last night followed my dad's truck down the block and he was doing 45...I'm running some big ol Ghetto wire rim dayton style TC wheels on it though, Larger wheel diameter....well I busted ass at lunch to get it fixed and just found my Diffs are loose (I think), it's revving real high and not going anywhere very fast....
is there a way to set the motor up for torque rather than speed....it takes so long to kick in the power but holy crap it moves when it does....I love new toys...LOL...

well get some smaller tires, that would help. Also, I geared mine to 11/55 and it accelerates to top speed in a couple seconds. Also, you can adjust the esc on the Phx link cord. If you have good batteries you can set all the motor starting power and stuff like that to high.

Back