mamba 8000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Alright, i just got a mini t and i want to put in the mamba 8000. This is my first electric so I have no idea what a lot of this stuff is. I have seen in other thread about lipo, deans plug and stuff. I kno i am getting the mamba 8000 set up but what else do i need? I kno theres other threads similar but not exactly what i was looking for. I just want to make this insanely fast. Stock is just so slow, its like radio shack speed. Thanks in advance

The only things that come to my mind is:

Bearings
1200mah+ battery packs
Servo
Oil filled shocks

Just adding the bearings and batter packs will have you out running most radio shack trucks off the bat. Those store batteries are just slow as Christmas.

so should I get the lipo 3 cell packs. Any idea on what servo to get?

EDIT: and another question i am looking over the mini t and was wondering if i am going to need to get another reciever because i looks to me like the reciever and esc are connected.

Last edited:
I'l get back to this thread tomorrow, but I have most of the answers for you.

Whats an Rx? and... itsme1, how fast is yours with the mamba 6800 set up. is there a huge difference between the 6800 and the 8000? thanks guys!

i know plenty about rc I'm just new to the whole electric part of it, I'm used to nitro, yes i know nitro has receivers and stuff but i didn't know it was called a Rx, take it easy on me man. Well thanks for the help anyways.

Badfish said:
Whats an Rx? and... itsme1, how fast is yours with the mamba 6800 set up. is there a huge difference between the 6800 and the 8000? thanks guys!
Let me put it this way there is insanely fast and then there is stupid fast i would classify it as stupid fast and you should be able to use your stock RX (ie) receiver, thats what I've done with mine and i havent had an issue,oh yeah and the hitec 81mg micro servo would be a great addition to that setup.

Last edited:
Yea but the stock reciever is connected to the stock esc and the stock servo has a four wire plug(orange white red and black) and that wont plug into a standard receiver which i will need to use because the mamba has a 3 wire plug. Please let me know how you set up yours. thanks man, youve been a real help!

Badfish said:
Yea but the stock reciever is connected to the stock esc and the stock servo has a four wire plug(orange white red and black) and that wont plug into a standard receiver which i will need to use because the mamba has a 3 wire plug. Please let me know how you set up yours. thanks man, youve been a real help!
I just relized your putting this in a mini t so that will be different then my 18MT so you might have to get a new receiver or find one on ebay, sorry for getting your hopes up my bad.:eek:pps:

I've seen a stock RX/ESC with a Mamba 8000 but couldn't tell ya how it hooks up. If your're really wanting to go this route, I would just sell your Mini T and build one from scratch. I mean when it's all over you want be using much of the stock exsisting Mini T parts anyways. Now even if you do need or want to use the stockers parts, you can buy them pretty cheap. There is always the ebay option as well. Best of luck with it.

Ray

itsme1 said:
oh yeah and the hitec 81mg micro servo would be a great addition to that setup.

actually the 81mg is too large for a mini-t. you need a "sub-micro" sized servo for that application, like a Hitec HS-55.

Alright I am going to need a receiver, servo and lipo battery. I was wondering if I could take the crystals out of my stock mini t receiver and put the crystal in a stock t maxx receiver? and will it work with my mini t radio? I am so confused because of the AM, FM channels, the MHZ. I am just so lost right now.

OK so.. Stock T maxx reciever and Mini t radio. A new servo and a lipo bettery pack.

Can Someone ell me exactly how this is going to work. Like The mamba esc(I tihnk thats what it is) is going to plug into the receiver, along with the servo. Then the motor plugs into the mamba esc thing(the three wires) and the battery also hooks up to the esc. Am I right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Badfish said:
Alright I am going to need a receiver, servo and lipo battery. I was wondering if I could take the crystals out of my stock mini t receiver and put the crystal in a stock t maxx receiver? and will it work with my mini t radio? I am so confused because of the AM, FM channels, the MHZ. I am just so lost right now.

OK so.. Stock T maxx reciever and Mini t radio. A new servo and a lipo bettery pack.

Can Someone ell me exactly how this is going to work. Like The mamba esc(I tihnk thats what it is) is going to plug into the receiver, along with the servo. Then the motor plugs into the mamba esc thing(the three wires) and the battery also hooks up to the esc. Am I right?

Thanks!

As long as its a 27Mhz AM Receiver, you cna put in your mini T crystal and it will work fine

You also dont need LiPos...you can run regular cells just the same. I'd rather get 6 cheap battery packs then one lipo......

UnitedRC.com

The mambs going to have so much power on it already by going up in voltage really fast you wont controll it...just be able to make highspeed runs..and that sucks..if your getting a mamba, it needs to be flipped and lipped

Well an AM signals pulse's while an FM signals goes straight. I'm guessing you can go longer without loosing a signal with FM than AM. Also it's probaly less chance of interference using an FM trasmitter. As for how the mamba hooks up etc, I would do a search on Mini T's with mambas and see whats out there. You may can find one on ebay to look at as well.

Ray

SVORay said:
Well an AM signals pulse's while an FM signals goes straight. I'm guessing you can go longer without loosing a signal with FM than AM. Also it's probaly less chance of interference using an FM trasmitter. As for how the mamba hooks up etc, I would do a search on Mini T's with mambas and see whats out there. You may can find one on ebay to look at as well.

Ray

FM is godly better than AM. I have a am now that come with ym mini T but before I had a JR XR3i with my GS Storm. I had a friend hold the car and start running while i moved the wheels. We never did find out where it cut or received interferance.

I'll get another one one day :devious:

Ya, I'm working on getting an MX3-S next month ;) Just don't tell my wife lol

Ray

Anyone who installs a Mamba 8000 in any off road is asking to buy replacement parts.A Mamba 6800 in my RC18T is mad fast with a LiPo. And not practical for racing,as you will never exploit this speed on any track,and the motor will overehat unless a heatsink is mounted and a steady flow of air passes over it(ducting or a 40mm fan).For bashing in some open very large parking lot,its fun to see this liitle bugger rocket across the lot.

And anything under a Mini-T Pro should be upgraded with quality oil shocks,slipper and CVD's,quality BB all around.The Mini-T Pro out of the box needs little upgrades(to the chassis,tranny).

Also a Hitec HS55 micro servo does the job,any receiver will do(I use a Novak XXL FM...with the Futaba 3PM-FM Magnum).

Back