Rc18mt W/ Mamba 6800

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsme

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys thought i would share my little project with you all, i've had it a couple weeks now and decided the stock motor wasn't enough so i did some reading on the brushless route and came to the conclusion that this setup was in my price range and was going to give me the much needed performance i was looking for,so when i saw Nitro freak1 had a complete setup for sale i jumped on it, here are a couple of pics for you to check out
PC030001.jpg

PC030003.jpg

Now i've got to go back to LHS and pick up my Li Po's and charger and i'll be ready to go. :w00t:

Last edited:
ah hell ya those are sweet. Let us know how you like speed for dirt racing.

Looks good man! Thing should fly now! Now go get it dirty!

Thats too cool... Post a vid so i can talk the wife in getting hers hopped up like that!!..lol

Oh Yeah!!

Don't forget to update us.

Thanks guys as soon as i get back from the LHS and get these bad boys charged up i'll be sure to post up my info, as for video if i can talk Ryhton into borrowing his vid camera i'll have one of those for you all to view, oh wait hey Zandor can i borrow your vid cam one of these days?

Last edited:
Went local LHS today and couldnt find the Li Po's or the charger i wanted so went on a little trip on the web and came up with this combination.
apache2500_small.jpg

Apache S2500 1-4 cell Li-poly Charger
Apache S2500 1-4 cell (250-2500ma) Battery Charger
pq1800_small.jpg

PolyQuest 1800XP 7.4v Li-Poly Pack
PolyQuest 1800mah 7.4v Li-poly 20C Battery Pack 36 Amps Peak, 240 watt class)
this set up should make this little beast get up and scream :jet:

Links bro links....Quit teassing me :boxing:

itsmesag1 said:
Went local LHS today and couldnt find the Li Po's or the charger i wanted so went on a little trip on the web and came up with this combination.
apache2500_small.jpg

Apache S2500 1-4 cell Li-poly Charger
Apache S2500 1-4 cell (250-2500ma) Battery Charger
pq1800_small.jpg

PolyQuest 1800XP 7.4v Li-Poly Pack
PolyQuest 1800mah 7.4v Li-poly 20C Battery Pack 36 Amps Peak, 240 watt class)
this set up should make this little beast get up and scream :jet:

Not required are esc has an automatic cutoff built in it that is programmable it wont allow the volts to drop below critical state so were good to go, here is a little bit more info on the cutoff,
Cutoff Voltage *1) No cutoff Nicad/NiMH cells
2) 4V cutoff Nicad/NiMH cells
3) 6V cutoff 2 cell Li-Po
4) 9V cutoff 3 cell Li-Po
5) 12Vcutoff Use this setting at your own
risk! Damage to the
controller as a result of
using a 4-cell LiPo pack is
not covered by the
manufacturer’s warranty.

Last edited:
itsmesag1 thats the exact same charger and pack i used to use with my rc18t...

its a good set-up with that pack since you dont have to mod the chassis unlike if you were to use a thunder power pack..

Last edited:
joey said:
itsmesag1 thats the exact same charger and pack i used to use with my rc18t...

its a good set-up with that pack since you dont have to mod the chassis unlike if you were to use a thunder power pack..

what kind of runtime and speed were you getting with that setup

runtime lets just say it got boring trying to kill the pack lol.. and i was actually running a 3 cell lipo... with the 6800 set-up.. the speeds were fast with the 12T pinion and 55T spur but the only reason i didnt change to a 60T spur was because i ran foams and they were a smaller diameter compaired to the stockers...

have you regeared it yet? if not i would suggest you do... a good set-up is a 60T spur with 12T pinion... alot of people run that gearing with a big block(300) and seems to keep the temps down... just a thought.. if you need anymore help feel free to I'm me on yahoo at [email protected]...

i regret getting rid of my RC18T now!! lol...

good luck with yours there good little trucks once you get the bugs out of them...

i have not regeared yet i was thinking of going 14T pinion and 60T spur thanks for all the info much appreciated, any other things i should be aware of with this setup.

Last edited:
14T is kinda high considering you got the MT tires on it imo but see how it go's check the motor temps while running it to see if its getting hot.. if not leave it...

i havent got to that point yet so i'll run it with the stock setup until i can get a new set of gears.

I just received my new Apache 2500 & Polyquest 1800xp charger and battery
PC100021.jpg
on friday finished up all my soldering on saturday plug the battery in set the throttle, reverse and neutral positions and took this thing out for a spin and holy crap what a difference in this little bugger it can backflip itself from a stand still, there is so much power from this set up that you have to ease into the throttle or else you'll end up on your lid evertime but once you get the hang of it this thing gets with the program right now, as soon as i can get a vid camera i'll show you the outstanding speed this setup gives you.

Back