mamba 8000

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MonsterCowpower said:
Anyone who installs a Mamba 8000 in any off road is asking to buy replacement parts.A Mamba 6800 in my RC18T is mad fast with a LiPo. And not practical for racing,as you will never exploit this speed on any track,and the motor will overehat unless a heatsink is mounted and a steady flow of air passes over it(ducting or a 40mm fan).For bashing in some open very large parking lot,its fun to see this liitle bugger rocket across the lot.

What about just the Mamba sport? I didnt buy an offroad car to drive in a parking lot. I want to bash it.

Mambas

As a mod on YourMicro.com, I've seen this so many times. Have pocket money, will buy Mamba 8K, Comp.X
These things command respect, they are insanely fast, in fact too fast as far as I'm concerned and I talk from experience as I have a decent collection of Micros, brushed, brushless and all 3 of the popular Mamba systems: 5400, 6800 and 8000.

Most Mamba owners are under the misconception that they can "turn the motor timing down" via the MambaLink software. You can adjust the timing to control the throttle curve, acceleration and braking, but you are not going to tame a Mamba 8K in any big way. it's still fast.

A Mamba 8000 is not only fast but it will devour a standard drivetrain after 2-3 packs. You'll be replacing spurs, dogbones, diff gears and a whole lot more if you don't keep it in a straight line.
The 6800 has more torque than the 8000 and is the fastest I would dare to run on a Micro. even that commands respect at all times. I've whupped 10th scale nitros with my Brushless M18, it impresses to no end, but it's still a little too fast for "bashing"
My firm favourite for off road is the 5400. Lots of torque, controllable and still very quick indeed.

I run United RC Xtreme packs on my Brushless Micros as budget cells can cause cogging. I run the URC X61 7.2V and the URC X71 8.4 packs, they do cost more, but like anything in life, you get what you pay for

It's all about choice, choose carefully, Mamba systems are not cheap, but if they are installed into a Micro that is capable of withstanding the abuse a Mamba can (and will) place on the drivetrain, then you have something special that will put wall to wall grin on your face and amaze other RC enthusiasts every time you open the throttle wide!

i say listen to Mondo. his mnis alone possibly out number anyone else on this site. i found this cool site that sells lithium packs for minis along with many other batteries. i am going to get my lithium pack from them when i get my mini in a week or so.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/main.asp

Ya, I'm working on getting an MX3-S next month Just don't tell my wife lol
Too funny Ray. Page from my own book. And you are going to love that MX3-S.

The 800 is insanely fast in an RC18B. I have a buddy who has one and it has hit 57mph. You need to gear your mini-t or other 18 scale to handle this motor. The USB computer connection to tune the esc is a real help, too. I am using a 6800 in my 18B as it does not have enough cooling to handle the 8000. Sucker still flies.

Mondo is correct,for racing around the track a 5400 Mamba combo is all one needs.

I use a very small pinion with my 6800 and a six cell battery pack.As LiPo packs witha 6800 will send you into orbit.

But most often new to RC will buy the 8000 mamba to impress thier pals and yet they lack the matching hardware on thier cars/trucks , a proper place to run them and driving skills. All this translates into massive damage and a money pit.

Revo Rancher said:
Too funny Ray. Page from my own book. And you are going to love that MX3-S.

Shhhhh she could be reading this lol

You guys are a very bad influence lol Anyways, I'll see how this months RC spending goes over on her and move on from there ;) I got some stuff I need to fix up so I can sale to get some below raidar funds as well lol Then I'll look into that RB 323, twin battery pack charger, and emaxx GP packs. I may even sale the Mini T.

Ray

Sell the mini t and then get a mini lst for your wife for her birthday/Christmas, and she will never use it so it is basically yours.

Revo Rancher said:
Sell the mini t and then get a mini lst for your wife for her birthday/Christmas, and she will never use it so it is basically yours.

:devious:

Like when Homer purchased a bowling ball for himself,perfect fit for his fingers and all...gift for Marge.

Revo Rancher said:

Damn good idea but my wife would see right through that...I've bought stuff before simualr to this but not really with the idea of the item being mine lol It just ended up me using it all the time.

Do you need to solder the wires from the esc to the battery or could i just use butt connectors. I used butt connectors and couldnt get the thing to work. its such a confusing thing with the three different lights, the 2 different beeps. I unplugged it, turned it off, plugged it back in, turned it on and it goes through the whole lights and beeps bullshit and then it just flashes yellow forever. The servos work but throttle doesn't. help pls

Mamba

My guess is you're trying to program the Mamba with the "push, beep, LED" method. Doing it that way puts a capital F into frustrating!
Go buy yourself a CastleLink cable (formerly known as MambaLink)
This allows PC based setups and takes all the pain out of Mamba programming.
I did a review of this on my site quite some time back.
The software interface has changed a little since I did the article, but it will give you a good ida of the capability.

Back