Just put Mamba 6800 in rc18mt!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akmadmaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Tonight I installed a Mamba 6800 in my rc18mt. It is sweet!! It has a ton of adjustability and is pretty darn fast. The battery last just as long if not longer then stock, for anyone who was wondering. But I am thinking about going to Li-polys, Is anyone here running them? If so, what v? and how many cells? Tell me what you think and what you are running! :cheers:

I'm using lipos in all 3 of my 1/18ths. No comment on the 2 cell setups since all of my packs are 3 cell. Your best bet is the Apogee or Thunder Power. Apogee seem to have a higher discharge rate which will deliver slightly more power and the Thunder Power cells seem to have longer run times. The Polyquest would be the best fit that joey is suggesting or you will have to mod the chassis slightly.
Both brands work great. The 3 cell packs are rated at 11.1 volts. They peak at an average of 12.5 volts.
If you think that the 6800 is fast now see what happens when you give it more juice.
Make sure that you program the esc's cutoff voltage properly or you will ruin your packs if they discharge below 3 volts per cell. Take a look at this;
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/airplane/brushless/castle-link.html
It is the easiest way to program your esc not to mention it will allow for custom throttle, braking and voltage cutoff.
If you do switch over to lipos make sure that you have the correct charger or you can burn your place down.

Thanks a bunch guys! Is there a charger that you would recomend? I know it would depend on the voltage, mAh, cells, ect.. of the battery but what would be a good overall charger, or brand of charger?

In addition you will want to use Deans Ultra plugs (the large ones). The smaller mini plugs will cause too much resistance (heat). Always solder the female end onto the battery side of the wiring. You won't want a li-poly packs +/- to come in contact with each other. Use good acid flux solder.

Thanks a bunch for the tips. We will see what option I go with. The local hobby store here has some lipos so I might go check them out tomorrow. I have also seen the deans there before so I will be sure to pick those up if I get new batteries. I have run alot of nitros lately and am just now getting back into electrics, so with all of the new technology....the tips and tricks are much Appreciated. Thanks!

First I use small pinions with my two mamba motors,this way they heat less and can operate within safe limits longer.

And I use an Apogee 3 cell LiPo pack.All the juice that is needed to propel the little rocket to blazing speeds.

Back