My Bro's B-day Present

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorradoPsi

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i just picked up my brothers Storm RTR+ today. got him 2 quarts of fuel, a hump pack, extra glow plug, and some locktite. ill get some pics up when he opens everything up. march 8th btw, but well prolly do it this weekend.

Do you need another brother? :) He should love that Storm!

one brother should be enough. my son just told me he wants a monster truck for his birthday. he's going to be 5. i was thinking a clodbuster.

yea my me and my dad split a birthday present for my brother. we got him a HPI savage 25. it is his second car and his first nitro. he is 11 years old.

That's one hell of a birthday present. Your brother will be stoked for sure.

man if you can get a pic of him oppening it and post it that would be cool to see his face

btw what horible things did you do to him or make him eat when he was younger that your tryin to make up for now?? LOL

I'm just waiting for him to lose interest in the truck so that i can have it LOL! he got the truck today so i am helping him break it in. seems to be going well so far and i can't wait to see his face when i bust out the kicker ramp and we start jumping it.

Yeah! Heck of a B-Day present. Is that his first RC?

retarded pilot said:
btw what horible things did you do to him or make him eat when he was younger that your tryin to make up for now?? LOL

man, there are soooo many! but thats a book in itself. i like getting stuff like this for my family. a few years ago i got my parents a DVD and home theater setup for christmas. i knew they wouldnt buy it for themselves, so i got it for them. i know my brother can't afford an RC car, and he drools all over mine when he's at my house so i got it for him. with 2 8th scale buggies, 2 MT's, a super nitro, super nitro rally, nitro mt, micro heli, and soon a half8, i was starting to feel guilty :shrug:

half8? Is that that mini 777?

you betcha, due out april 1st according to kyosho's website. wont be long before its on a 3 cell li-po with a mamba either!

Those things look sweet! Wonder how they would do against a B4, or comparable. How much are they going to be?

kyosho says 300 retail. street price is supposed to be under 250 RTR. I'm hoping for 200-225. the latest issue of rc car has a 2-3 page teaser on it. its even got a 380 motor in it like the old hornets and grasshoppers, and can handle 8NiMH cells stock. sealed diffs, and a slipper too. i think ill run 3000 up front and 1000 out back ;-) i can't wait to get my hands on one and beat up on all the 8 year olds in the mini-T class LOL!

CorradoPsi said:
i can't wait to get my hands on one and beat up on all the 8 year olds in the mini-T class LOL!

Al will be proud..............

no, Al will never let me hear the end of it. my foots gonna be in my mouth for a while after that purchase.

Oh man. A mini-buggy! Why do they do this to me?!?! Bastards!

UltegraSTI said:
hornets had 540s ;)

-Ult

it was a long time ago :shrug:

anyway, my bro's bday went great, he had no idea what to say. the last 2 days he's spent getting the engine broken in properly. we're already through 1 quart. tomorrow ill be putting a tune on it for him, and teaching him the basics of nitro engine tuning.

wanna come up for a joint lesson ryan :boxing: ............................... :jk:

Think i might start calling you bro from now on corrado :)

ok mike, but if i come to visit, you gotta take me to some kick a$$ NZ tracks. I've always wanted to visit, but could never afford the trip. I'm not much for fishing but we can take your boat to do some snorkling.

Back