Curious about 1/8 buggys :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all I have a T-Maxx and over the past months since I've joined RCNT I have heard alot of people talking about how they can't wait to get there 1/8 buggy :buggy1: . I have never even seen one of these other than pics and was curious why they are so popular? I'm just wondering what makes them so desired by so many people > I would like to have one just because I like just about any kind of Rc out there and I'm sure you can do many things you can't do with a T-Maxx. Also If you have pics of your buggys I would love to see them!!!

Driving a buggy is like no other RC. The weight to power ratio is insane. They are incredibly responsive and are the ultimate RC for racing. Its an experience you will never forget once you have had a taste.

They sound like they are a blast Mabe with I win the million dollar lottery I will get one lol. I never thought of the weight factor my maxx is a pig I could just imagine how fast it would be if I stripped it down and had similar parts as a buggy hmmm Idea!!!! LOl

Heres my buggy right now
my.php

hey bro... i asked the same question over and over and promised myself i would never get one ( I dont know why) now i race for a team with my Kyosho K2 and it is INSANE!!! mad power plus awsome handling!!!

My time has no room for racing with a team just enough to race personally. The club racing season for local racers will start in April/ May so I will try that out. I will try the MT Outlaw, 1/8th scale and maybe ST's. Not too sure if I want to do all, actually not sure if I have the money to support all three.LOL Buggies are the best but MT's are just cool to see back flip and front flip.

Dude, the buggies are tanks! I don't have a very expensive one. (XTM) But I love it. I have worked on it less than anything I have. Faster and tougher than the MTs I have seen. From the vids I have seen, they jump better. (Looks like they land on all 4 most of the time.) Only thing is they sit lower to the ground so they don't go places the MTs do.
Watching the vids on the web is why I bought a buggy. Never wanted one till then. Go to http://www.trilordy.com/main.html and watch some of their vids. They are sick. :hammer:

digger said:
Dude, the buggies are tanks! I don't have a very expensive one. (XTM) But I love it. I have worked on it less than anything I have. Faster and tougher than the MTs I have seen. From the vids I have seen, they jump better. (Looks like they land on all 4 most of the time.) Only thing is they sit lower to the ground so they don't go places the MTs do.
Watching the vids on the web is why I bought a buggy. Never wanted one till then. Go to http://www.trilordy.com/main.html and watch some of their vids. They are sick. :hammer:

One thing you forgot is that there are TRUGGY CONVERSION KITS!!!!

JESSE JESSE JESSE...you are asking for the biggest RC addiction around man.I use the MT for bashing and when I go to the track I bring both...BUT the truck more often than not will sit unused until (yes until) I break the buggy.....they are just designed to kill track type of driving.....NO MT will handle like a buggy....that's why I did a truggy maxx for bashing, just so it wouldn't feel like I was trying to steer a piig by its ears when I'm using the MT......

These things sound awesome! I might have to get one some day lol are the 2wd or 4wd?

JESSE G said:
These things sound awesome! I might have to get one some day lol are the 2wd or 4wd?

4WD!! The ultimate nitro experience.

4wd and all ass about kickin racing and jumping...I can make mine bank turns in the air to match the banked turn after one of the jumps at mills pond.......they are like gyroscopes in the air....way cooler on the track.....I like running mine on BMX tracks cause you can get ridiculous air of those jumps....

even better!!! Hmm might have to sell a couple kids so I can get one lol :jk:

Sell your soul you will, feel the power of the force...drawing you closer.....I aspire to be the yoda of buggies....but right now I'm more like the jar-jar binks......

LOL I will use the force and pick a winning lotto ticket and I will buy my self a couple buggys. Why are the 1/8 scale liked so much over other scales ?

[Darth Voice] Use the Force Plaidfish. Feel it flow! [/Darth Voice]

JESSE G said:
LOL I will use the force and pick a winning lotto ticket and I will buy my self a couple buggys. Why are the 1/8 scale liked so much over other scales ?

Because there are no other scales. 1/10 is all electric except for a few basher type buggies. No racers. Almost all nitro buggies are 1/8. Anyway bigger is better.

Back