Prospec build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sorry i have no pics but however i dod have info and questions. I hav the diffs built, front assemble and am working on the back. Are the rear lower a-arms supposed to be like / instad of l ? Mine are slightly crooked. Also this is my first pro and the build is awsome.

what do you mean, if you are meaning the toe in yes they are sposed to be like that, or else there is no toe in and gets pretty tricky to drive.

A_Arms.gif

The black line is how I think it should line up. Notice that the A-arms are crooked relative to this line. Do you think this is a problem, or is it normal for the MBX-5?

Nope that is normal. If that is the rear it is normal to have that much toe in. Great for control.

Jon

Thanks jon! In fact that is the rear. Time to begin building again...

Yes it looks like too much when you build but thats the way it is.

should have the 2.5 block in the back for a standard setup.
i didnt get the pretty little cvd booties like you have :(

If you hop over to carlinas rc the site sells them for 10 smackers. They are nice but i did not have room to put them on in the front. The knuckles were too small.

hey do you have ur center diff in? does the ring gear like stick out of the bottom of the chassi? mine is so far down it hangs out of the chassi as i spin it i see it hit a flat peice of plastic laying on the chassi, is it normal for it to hang that low? what did i do wrong?

Yes my spur hangs out just a small amount.

weird o well, also my ring and pinion gears in the diff are pretty toight togetehr there is a tiny amoutn of play wouldnt i want more? pon all m other things there is more jiggly or whatnot then this, i can't space it out anymore either

I'm working on my center diff right now. I will post a pic of what mine looks like before tommorow!

Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, Done, mi, what a marvolus build it was. It went real smooth barely any problems. Breakin is tomorow. Do you guys want a completion pic?

crzy-svg-usr said:
weird o well, also my ring and pinion gears in the diff are pretty toight togetehr there is a tiny amoutn of play wouldnt i want more? pon all m other things there is more jiggly or whatnot then this, i can't space it out anymore either

Ring and pinion gears shouldn't have much play. It won't be real smooth either (EDIT: not when it's new). There are little thin spacers you can use to adjust the mesh between the two. The pinion and ring gears will break in as you drive it. A little tight is better than loose. It sounds to me like you have it just perfect.

Last edited:
Ok here they are. I'm not an execellent photograoher!(or speller, lol)

P1010065.gif

P1010063.gif

P1010062.gif

P1010061.gif

P1010060.gif

P1010059.gif

enjoy.

I'm new to this whole build thing and have a few questions.
Is it normal for..
1. My servos are making a high pitched wine when i turn them on.
2. The car is mildly stiff when i roll it and makes a lot of noise.(i am almost postitive this has to do with the fact that is a 1/8th scale buugy and not savage).

Thanks in advanced.

Is the noise coming from the spur clutch bell? My Mugen is louder than the Kanai was but it is just the spur and cb. As for stiff it may be you have the mesh too tight or the brake could be too tight May want to check the e.p.a on your radio servos.

Ya the noise is comming from the spur/cb. As far as epa, how do i adjust it and does it say epa on the radio or something else?

ps. I'm running a jr xs3 pro.

As far as I remeber the JR has it and it says EPA but may have to look at the inst. book to see. move it back +/- till it stops the sound. The servo may be going to far to one side and that will strees it and can make sounds. Is it only when you turn it on and then it stops?

Back