Great Googly Moogly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got back from a few hours dialing in my t-maxx and I must say, "Great Googly Moogly!!!"

As it turns out I had it in second gear the whole time I was having problems with it shifting. I ended up tightening the shift point all the way in until it stopped then started backing out a 1/4 turn at a time. After 4 or so times of doing this I became a little more bold and started turning out 1/2 a turn at a time. After another 4 or so times I got really bold and started making a full turn each time. On the first time I did this it shifted into second.

Now that I could use 1st and 2nd I started tweaking it a little more and more, mostly the needles. The very first wheelie all the way across the parking lot got me really stoked. By the end of dailing in, I was getting a little tired of flipping over backwards if I tried to climb something. I settled for a little rich which lost a little off the line but doing wheelies was not my intent. All I wanted was to get the thing up and running for jumping with short take offs. Great Googly Moogly! Cool Beans!!!!!

Sounds like you finally solved the acceleration issues...next bash session should prove to be very interesting...perhaps I should come up there and, we can see how that thing jumps vice you coming down here and going mound climbing.

BTW...to use the track at my LHS you need to have a ROAR membership...looking into how to expedite that process; will let you know...

el pirata what engine/gearing you have? Will you be able to tell me the temps you are running at?

I'm still using the stock gearing, at least until next week when I get my new tranny. I'm using the Hyper 21 engine. As far as engine temps all I know is it's hot enough to burn your hand.

ROAR

You should be able to get a 1-day pass at the race. I think it is 15.00 or a full year for 30.00.
The reason you need a membership to race is
1, A consistent set of rules for all racers worldwide.
2, Insurance. They provide you with liability insurance to protect you from people like Holm Wrecker if you hit, or someone hits you with an R/C.

I could be wrong here but I thought Sky wanted to just go and use the track for us to play not to race. I could be wrong but that's what I thought!

Insurance, I could care less about me because the Army covers my bodily damage but who's going to pay for my T-Maxx when I wreck it?

Originally posted by FastEddy
ROAR
Insurance. They provide you with liability insurance to protect you from people like Holm Wrecker if you hit, or someone hits you with an R/C.
LOL
that's a good one :)

Roar only provides $1,000,000 of Liability Insurance protection.

It is best to have AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) for $48.00 a year this insurance provides Liability Coverage for the Operation of Model Aircraft, Boats, Cars and Rockets

$2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners and sponsors

$25,000 Accident/Medical Coverage for members

$10,000 Maximum Accidental Death Coverage for members

$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for membersPrimary Site Owner Insurance - up to $5,000,000 each location

HolmWrecker has had 3 surgeries on his spine and the last surgery resulted in fusion, he has four 3" blue annodized titanium screws in his back. (If you like I can show you the X-rays :eek: )

He is not as sue happy as you would like to believe.
The point he was trying to make on the post from which you got this attitude from was meant to show that in the event that if someone operated their RC car in an unsafeor irresponsible manner & hit him he would more than likely need another surgery. In that event if you didn't carry insurance or be at a place that carried insurance that would probably be the recourse he would have to take.

If you are interested in more info contact AMA or visit their web site.

OH MAN HERE WE GO AGAIN !!! Times like these I'm glad I dont have anyone to bash with:confused: At least I dont have to worrie about anyone sueing me:p Atleast untill my cows get lawers:angry:

I think I just figured out what I can do with my life after I retire from the Army, become the world's first Cow Lawyer! Cool beans.

OQ, all I was looking for is some insurance that covers my toy.

Insurance coverage differs from state to state, it would be more beneficial to ask your personal insurance agent.
Liability insurance is a good thing to have also :)

Who needs liability, Sky's the one I generally bash with and he's military too so Uncle Sugar pays his medical bills too.

The ROAR issue is more to protect the owners of the track, Pirata...we can use it for non racing purposes (ie to bash) if we have the ROAR membership.

As Fast Eddy mentioned earlier...$30 for one year

Something along those lines

depends...do you want to bash at Eustis this weekend or down here?

This is turning into a chat...let's take this to the chat room...:D

Hay El,
Ill insure your Maxx against damage.
$1000 a year and a $500 deductible.

Back