NB's SCX10 Rubi thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobuzzard

Useless NOOB!!
Reaction score
Neither here...nor there...but everywhere
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Thought i'd post up some pics of the Rubi for you all. It's a work in progress. Started as the RTR kit and we all know what they look like so, no boring stock pics...lol

First off was painting the rock sliders. I didn't want them to have a perfect paint job so i left it a bit streaky....actually, i was just too lazy to apply the second coat but i like it like it is...LOL

IMG_0181_zps11465821.jpg

Then I wanted to lift it a bit so i had a buddy make these for me. BG was put it on there by him. (Buzzard & Gator Parts...LOL)

IMG_0180_zps06d825f1.jpg

After the lift, i needed bigger tires so the Wraith donated its set of stockers to the cause...

IMG_0179_zps7ccf5ba9.jpg

And how it currently sits awaiting more parts...once i decide on where i'm going next with it. I will say that this thing is heavy with that hardtop on...i was very surprised at how much it added to it. Going to be a fun trail rig...

IMG_0177_zpsecc9ef33.jpg

More to follow.... :D

-NB

What's angle of the axles now that you have a lift kit?

I had to add a spacer for the front to help with that. It's still a touch too much but not so much that it's binding. The rear looks good, it didn't change it much at all. I'll get a few pics of it later today.

Took it out yesterday to run it with Mud and the ESC started acting stupid...time for an upgrade. I just threw an old XL5 in it to get it rolling...lol

Added the RC4WD Mini 12 wheel wideners and an antenna to it. Wideners really make it look alot better.

I got to get out with Mud and play a bit yesterday, we had a blast. Here's a few pics of the Rubi...

IMG_0186_zpsf0bffce1.jpg

IMG_0185_zps0a946ad1.jpg

IMG_0184_zps5f091e65.jpg

IMG_0183_zpse0c08e41.jpg

IMG_0188_zps2be288d2.jpg

IMG_0187_zpsbb7ce426.jpg

IMG_0189_zps47ead436.jpg

Last edited:
Needs lights for nighttime crawling... Looks great otherwise.

Yea i got the lights for it...just need to get off my bum and get the other Rubicon body ready for them....can't decide on what color to go with though...lol

Well......it matches your personality! Haha sorry bro!

Flamingo pink??......hmm, flamingo, and Barbie pink camo!

Don't think she likes that idea! Lol she turned her nose up and also said it's more your style!! Hahahahaha

I think she looks good, even more so with with wheel wideners, fills it out better as a 1:1 would appear.

Oh btw, dont see amy mud present on or around the truck :)

You need to send him an autographed picture and a sample of the substance so he knows what to avoid when running his models outdoors....

I can't wait for the pink camo shell, NB.

I can't wait for the pink camo shell, NB.

It may awhile before you see that my friend...unless the wife decides she wants one...lol

Good looking build, nice work NB!

Thx alot buddy. It's a work in progress. Think next is body mounting. Think I'll follow Hamz on this one and utilize magnets for it...

Back