things I'm doing to my element ecto

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a tough climb, the smaller rocks moving makes it unpredictable. 😎

Thats a tough climb, the smaller rocks moving makes it unpredictable. 😎
It really does I had to remove some.which then made the walls steeper! Solved one issue to create another
Now it's super narrow at the top and tall so it very vertical on the climb up
I'll bring the angle thingy I found next time

The way the ecto rammed the tire and pushed it down the hill ....... now I want to pull it up the hill..... what kind of things would I need to do to gear her down super low so she can pull Hella lbs? Maybe I can use the ecto to help me move some of this soil lol drag the dirt up the hill

Last edited:
It really does I had to remove some.which then made the walls steeper! Solved one issue to create another
Now it's super narrow at the top and tall so it very vertical on the climb up
I'll bring the angle thingy I found next time

The way the ecto rammed the tire and pushed it down the hill ....... now I want to pull it up the hill..... what kind of things would I need to do to gear her down super low so she can pull Hella lbs? Maybe I can use the ecto to help me move some of this soil lol drag the dirt up the hill
Sounds like your going to need an SCX6 if you want to start pulling things around. 🤣

Cut out a window for the driver
Krillin is gonna try to beat the creek tomorrow

20240502_194024.jpg

20240502_194009.jpg

20240502_194017.jpg

man i put the ecto thru hell this weekend lol
broke my rear axle, lost a shock mount so passenger side shock just dangles, broke the bed off once, ripped a tire completely open, why for the love of all thats holy do i get EXCITED when i drive it rough style and break stuff...... ugh whats wrong with me. i am super stoked to have gotten a nice decal for her tho

e0dc525f-d074-45a8-89d5-4c063e04e8fc.jpg

438238266_443592418078912_3205869165789705318_n.jpg

438246214_456418400080497_3062835862364612764_n.jpg

438246446_1539114550281821_1940467374945350703_n.jpg

PSX_20220709_155347.jpg
hey @Doom! i stole your pic from your thread. i like how clear you show the shock mount inserts.
yours are so much more effective than mine currently
438237705_1655776471844079_6636805730032041403_n.jpg

i need to replace the front shock mount and i really dont want this to happen again.
I'm thinking about ordering either rock pirates front shock towers or the artful dodgers.
i forgot to post this damage lol. bouncing thru the creek a little faster than i shoulda been whodathunkit
does anyone know of any other replacements i should look at before i order a set? forcing myself to wait till thursday 5/9/24 tp order so i have time to look.

hey @Doom! i stole your pic from your thread. i like how clear you show the shock mount inserts.
yours are so much more effective than mine currently
You know I don't mind, my lawyers will be in touch shortly. 🤣
I think I would try the rock pirates shock mounts, I haven't really looked to see what else is out there though.

You know I don't mind, my lawyers will be in touch shortly. 🤣
I think I would try the rock pirates shock mounts, I haven't really looked to see what else is out there though.
i think I'm going to, i like their stuff and already have the rears, just wanted to make sure I'm not overlooking other options

aww man... the Rp towers are sold out, and the artful dodgers brand is 28 bucks, but 50 s&h wth????? ordered a new set of stock so i can at least get back on the rocks untill the rp comes back in stock.

I looked at them actually and was about to order thwm then decided to wait for the Rp to come back in stock so went the cheaper method for now
Ill just be tunning these umtil restock

I looked at them actually and was about to order thwm then decided to wait for the Rp to come back in stock so went the cheaper method for now
Ill just be tunning these umtil restock
Yeah, those RP ones look cooler than any of the others anyway.

Is there supposed to be a jam nut on the backside of that plate that the upper shocks mount to? If not, I'd put one there anyway.

Last edited:
Back