Trophy 3.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes me six hours to detail her like that. including tearing down, cleaning, and refilling the three diff's and of course the air filter. also remove the servos to armor all them individually. It's worth it though and i get crazy when i run her but i don't have too many serious crashes and i'm much more careful than i was when i started with RC Nitro.

It takes me six hours to detail her like that. including tearing down, cleaning, and refilling the three diff's and of course the air filter. also remove the servos to armor all them individually. It's worth it though and i get crazy when i run her but i don't have too many serious crashes and i'm much more careful than i was when i started with RC Nitro.
It takes me just as long.....but I don't use armorall. Never heard of it. Never seen it :p yours still looks better than mine even with the power of baby wipes and compressed air :p

It takes me less than 6 hours to detail the REAL car. :)
For that final super slick look as well as a way to make less dust stick, use a 50/50 mix of Armoral and water in a spray bottle and blast it off with an air gun.

Last edited:
I forgot to add water in that last post. I'm an idiot. Originally it was just a 50/50 mix of Armoral.
It's half and half Armoral and water, then blown off with the air gun. Everything looks brand new and not greasy.

I forgot to add water in that last post. I'm an idiot. Originally it was just a 50/50 mix of Armoral.
It's half and half Armoral and water, then blown off with the air gun. Everything looks brand new and not greasy.
I'm intrigued by this armorall...Is it just a dirt deterent that leaves it with a waxy shine?. Where do I get it from?

its used to shine your cars dash board and interior plastic parts and to make car tires shine. like WD40 it has multiple uses and can be applied to many products for a new and shiny appearance. you can get it at auto parts stores and in big bax stores usually, any auto cleaning section will have something similar.

i use the wipes for my RC vehicles after i clean it and blow it off.
IMG_1394.JPG

I think we should challenge Rolex to go 90 days without so much as dusting his RCs!

its used to shine your cars dash board and interior plastic parts and to make car tires shine. like WD40 it has multiple uses and can be applied to many products for a new and shiny appearance. you can get it at auto parts stores and in big bax stores usually, any auto cleaning section will have something similar.

i use the wipes for my RC vehicles after i clean it and blow it off.View attachment 15399
Haven't seen it any where in the U.K...shame, it looks good :(

I think we should challenge Rolex to go 90 days without so much as dusting his RCs!
He'd turn into a gibbering wreck after 2 days....

Sorry, I should have said a 3 day challange just to make it realistic! I bet Rolex could polish a turd! o_O

Dammit @Greywolf you got me fiending for that Futaba 4PLS. You are testing my damn patience aren't you!
hahaha... The 4PLS is freakin sweet. I have the older 4PL which is basically the same only no support for telemetry. I wouldnt trade it for anything.....except maybe a 4PKS! hehehe

That being said I still like my flysky GT3B too for the money. I aint proud. lol I dont need the 4PL for half my kits so I just use the FS for half of them so I dont have to spend $50 a pop for RXs :)

Yeah i have my eye on it. i am in no hurry so i am getting it sometime.

Hold on and get the Futaba. That was the first stick radio I ever owned. That was even before anyone came out with wheel radios for ground vehicles. I was SERIOUSLY impressed by it and have owned several Futabas since, even the wheel types. They're still one of the best as far as I'm concerned.

i either lost the rear brake cam bushing or forgot to put it in when i rebuilt the center diff a couple days ago. huh, pain in the neck part to find individually (without the pins and cams) but i ordered some anyways and found some individuals from Ofna that i ordered from Amain. i was going to clean the engine but i couldn't pull the carb off. maybe i need to heat it a little?

Back