The Dingo Diary

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can't the lifts towards the bumper, you can slightly increase the wheelbase to help avoid the binding.

I'm going to try a few different position with the lift and find what works best for now.

Looks good Pete. It's all personal preference, but I think the SCX rigs look better on 1.9s for proportion reasons.

I agree but I wanted tall 1.9's and the BFG's fit the bill....plus they were free.

The motor came in today so I got to take it on a test run, it was not a good expirence. There was a lot of vibration on the front axle, it was because of the axle pinion angle. I removed the lift, went back to the stock wheelbase and gave it another run.....same problem! I started adding spacers to the front upper link hoping to smooth things out. By the time everything was rolling smooth the steering was fubar.

I put the drive shaf together wrong. In the directions it says to line up the marks on the male and female shaft which I did. I didn't look at the picture well enought because it shows that you have to line up the pin in the cv joint with the marks on the shaft. I lined them up and it's smooth now.

I currently have three sets of tires, Axial Ripsaw, Vaterra/Losi Race Claws. and Proline TSL Swampers. IMO the TSL's look the best but work the worst, they flat out suck compared to the two others! People dislike the Ripsaw's because they are the stock tires but they work great on broken concrete and they are badass in dirt and mud! The race claws really surprised me, they work great on everything hard, I haven't tried them in mud yet.

Mounted the Swampers on Vaterra EXO beadlocks, mounted the spare tire and the Gearhead studded mud ladders

mvvvvv_zpscdb7be26.jpg

mbbbb_zps6e74b268.jpg

mccc_zps41f4ae16.jpg

mmmmm_zps71ce7bf4.jpg

Thanks Randy!

Rolex the mud was very easy to apply, a blip of the throttle and there it was, the streak on the hood is a custom job by some wacky nut not wearing pants.

HPIguy is Randy, Rolex is the wacky nut that put the custom streak on the hood!