Nitro or Electric? Which gets you more run time foe the money?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!!! I don't drive a Prius either. I like ALL my rides and RC's to be loud and obnoxious!!

I used to play with my nitro in the cul-de-sac where I lived when I first got it and had no problems with neighbors complaining. Now living in an apartment complex, I tend to heavily agree with @Nitrotrout (I have a couple of inconsiderate neighbors that think that rules and noise laws don't apply to them, but that's a whole other thread).

Last edited by a moderator:
You're talking aftermarket parts and I'm talking stock. And in stock form my nitros were louder than my gas. I'm also willing to bet that my current nitro with its aftermarket pipe is as loud as if not louder than a gas with a DDM pipe.

No, wow you assume lots.

What I based this on was a HPI Baja 5B SS kit with the OE engine and OE HPI aluminum pipe that came right out of the factory sealed stock unmodified and in no way aftermarket product. And that factory out of the box aluminum pipe was far louder than the muffled DDM pipe. Did you ever actually own these things yourself? or are you going by interwebz hearsay? Sorry I didn't bother with the optional black square muffler, so maybe that was the magic quiet muffler all the time :\

But hey at the end of the day, I make my opinions on facts I have found by my own hands on use. I did have a fortune in that buggy by the time it was totally built, but I know well what it sounded like when it was box stock. And it was nasty loud.

The ridiculous loud noise being one of the main reasons I decided to bite the bullet, sell off all my Baja stuff and go back to nitro's and electrics again. :whhooo:

No, wow you assume lots.

What I based this on was a HPI Baja 5B SS kit with the OE engine and OE HPI aluminum pipe that came right out of the factory sealed stock unmodified and in no way aftermarket product. And that factory out of the box aluminum pipe was far louder than the muffled DDM pipe. Did you ever actually own these things yourself? or are you going by interwebz hearsay? Sorry I didn't bother with the optional black square muffler, so maybe that was the magic quiet muffler all the time :\

But hey at the end of the day, I make my opinions on facts I have found by my own hands on use. I did have a fortune in that buggy by the time it was totally built, but I know well what it sounded like when it was box stock. And it was nasty loud.

The ridiculous loud noise being one of the main reasons I decided to bite the bullet, sell off all my Baja stuff and go back to nitro's and electrics again. :whhooo:

nope sorry bro now way anyday i had a baja and mgt cops nevr came only with mgt financee' made me sell 2 much damn noize and problems u had a exhast leak on ur muffleror better

nope sorry bro now way anyday i had a baja and mgt cops nevr came only with mgt financee' made me sell 2 much damn noize and problems u had a exhast leak on ur muffleror better

What???????

With some commas and periods and a few additional words, it kinda makes sense. I'm gonna have a go at this:

Begins with a disagreement to what wwit said:

Nope, sorry bro, no way, not any day. I owned both a Baja and a MGT. The police showed up at my house while running my MGT, not my Baja(?)
Financee'... Fiancé? My fiance' made me sell the MGT because it made too much noise and caused too many problems with the neighbors. I suspect your Baja was too loud because it had an exhaust leak, damaged muffler, (or it was modified)?

Last edited:
With some commas and periods and a few additional words, it kinda makes sense. I'm gonna have a go at this:

Nope, sorry bro, no way, not any day. I owned both a Baja and a MGT. The police showed up at my house while running my MGT, not my Baja(?)
Financee'... Fiancé? My fiance' made me sell the MGT because it made too much noise and caused too many problems with the neighbors. I suspect your Baja was too loud because it had an exhaust leak, damaged muffler, (or it was modified)?

I think you are right on with the translation. :hehe:

Wow, just wow.
I don't know. I guess snowcheetahs have a problem typing with very large paws.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNBR5wJaq6sO5BBLVGHGlipJ0AXseoKolYZ7gMoEcgqbK4_ZDAPQ.jpg
45261107.jpg

My 5SC is pretty loud in stock form with the 26cc with the stock black can muffler. If I we're upgrade the exhaust to the SS pipe or a rear dom, then it would be stupid loud. I don't do that because I have respect for my neighbors and where I run in a park, there's some houses nearby. On the other hand my MGT 8.0 with the optional header and with a savage xl pipe I just redonkulously loud. The next thing that's pretty loud is my OFNA DM1 spec. Then my savage xl and my GS storm buggy which is retired.

Nope sorry bro, no way anyway.
I had a Baja and MGT & cops never came, only with the MGT,
My fiancee' made me sell it, 2 much damn noise and problems.
You had an exhaust leak on your muffler better?

Yah, what he said!:D

Let's eat Grandma! It should read---Let's eat, Grandma.

Punctuation!--It might just save a life.:hehe:

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

It's like the nitros. Gearing and tuning. I've had my Baja-5b up to 43 mph verified by radar( the local police were bored that day) on the 100 yd straight in front of the house I was living in at the time. My mERV (1/16 eRevo VXL) is quicker off the line (have to be careful not to do a flip on take off) but it isn't as fast on the top end due to gearing. My Revo 3.3 is comparable in acceleration to the Baja and has a similar top end on big block power.

Its not fair to compare a 1:16 to a large 1:10 or even larger 1:5. You run an E-revo with a pair of 3s or a 6s battery vs a Revo 3.3 and judge top end off of that. E-revo will have much higher holeshot, acceleration and top end.

To the OP, you wont beat the power/speed of a brushless e rig with lipo with any nitro or gas rig of comparable size.

True, Alpine, but I was using it as an example of gearing.

Wow, just wow.
I don't know. I guess snowcheetahs have a problem typing with very large paws.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNBR5wJaq6sO5BBLVGHGlipJ0AXseoKolYZ7gMoEcgqbK4_ZDAPQ.jpg
45261107.jpg

Yah, what he said!:D

Let's eat Grandma! It should read---Let's eat, Grandma.

Punctuation!--It might just save a life.:hehe:

Sorry, just couldn't resist!

hahaha real funny. my cooments r gone so much for free speach in america. pisser:angry:

hahaha real funny. my cooments r gone so much for free speach in america. pisser:angry:

These guys are actually trying to help you, not shut you down and not let your opinion be heard. They're trying to make it so everyone can understand what you're saying.

That was a great movie, Schrode.

How much derp could a herpa derpa derp, if a derpa herpa could derp herp?

Say it fast. I dare you.

Back