Y'all be careful with bored cops - dude got kicked out for playing with "toys" got kicked out of public boat launch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no one has ever been doing rcing in a place were its against the law to do so... I have 4 public boat launch's in my city. rc is a no no in 3 of the no power launches. and all no fishing
This is actually the correct answer.

Playing with your toys in an area where 1:1 rigs (especially if they pay for that privilege in form of a permit) are trying to back in and launch is not only silly, but dangerous.

Also, around here, the U.S. Forest Circus can and will write you a ticket for running scale rigs and crawlers anywhere there is a no motorized vehicle sign. Pedantic, yes, but legal, also yes.

The key takeaway should be; find a nice safe out-of-the-way spot to play with your RCs.

We aren't aloud to fish on the boat dock or launch but have heard nothing about RCs.
I'll stay with the "he's a fool" statement.
I realize it can be dangerous but I'm sure the kid was smart enough to move out of the way when a rig came along.

Last edited:
laws are to be obeyed . unlike someone. Oh well deal with what they start. I never run on street I only run on deserted areas.to many rc boat locations by m why bother.

The lazy cop was way out of line. He's a bully with a chip on his shoulder. I'm a huge law enforcement supporter but this is the bs that makes people hate cops!

Now the cop knows the mouthy, young guy with the "toy" drives a white pickup. He won't be bored for long.

This is actually the correct answer.

Playing with your toys in an area where 1:1 rigs (especially if they pay for that privilege in form of a permit) are trying to back in and launch is not only silly, but dangerous.

Also, around here, the U.S. Forest Circus can and will write you a ticket for running scale rigs and crawlers anywhere there is a no motorized vehicle sign. Pedantic, yes, but legal, also yes.

The key takeaway should be; find a nice safe out-of-the-way spot to play with your RCs.

One of our local guys got a $550 fine from the Forest Service for running his crawler on the hiking trails.

Back in the early 90's IMPBA sanctioned water, and the Minute Breakers Pond (Sundown meadows) the water even had a sign stating rc boats only.
Was out running with Gary Prusses and a few others, we all were IMPBA members.
A trooper pulled in and told us to leave. We showed him the sign, and our IMPBA cards.
We all were forced to leave.

We didn't make a big deal of it. None of us talked about being trespassed from a public area. We simply left.

Too many Karen's and Daren's in this world today.

Back