Xmaxx combo’s out there

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Just curious what combo’s some of u guys r running and how do u like it. I’m looking to upgrade. I have hobbywing max 10 combo and 2 max 8s. Haven’t had any problems with them and love the performance. So I’m thinking max6 with the 1100kv motor. Thanks.

Just curious what combo’s some of u guys r running and how do u like it. I’m looking to upgrade. I have hobbywing max 10 combo and 2 max 8s. Haven’t had any problems with them and love the performance. So I’m thinking max6 with the 1100kv motor. Thanks.
Max 6 is technically for 1/6 & 1/7 scale kits so if it were me, Id go with the Max 5 since its designed for 1/5 scale rigs. 1100Kv motor is what most people use and its what Id likely use too unless I went with some kind of extreme TP Power motor.

Max 6 is technically for 1/6 & 1/7 scale kits so if it were me, Id go with the Max 5 since its designed for 1/5 scale rigs. 1100Kv motor is what most people use and its what Id likely use too unless I went with some kind of extreme TP Power motor.
Hey finally got someone. Lol. Thanks for responding. I thought they were 1/6 scale. But anyway. Only thing I like about the max6 is it fits in the stock location. Nothing needed. But love the input

Hey finally got someone. Lol. Thanks for responding. I thought they were 1/6 scale. But anyway. Only thing I like about the max6 is it fits in the stock location. Nothing needed. But love the input
Traxxas doesn't really state the exact scale but its approx the same size as all the other 1/5 scales on the market. Had this convo with someone else last year. Here was my response from another post.

"Heres the dimensions of 6 different 1/5 scale rigs including the XMAXX. The L x W x H measurements are all within about 3 inches or so of each other between all 6 rigs. Every company on this list states that their kit is 1/5 scale except Traxxas who doesn't tell us what scale its supposed to be but its the same basic size as all the rest of these. Its longer than 2 of the other 5 rigs, Its wider than 3 of the other 5 rigs, and its the tallest out of all 6 rigs. Explain to me how the XMaxx isnt a 1/5 scale again?
(Yes, I know that real scale isnt applicable to the RC world and I'm not talking about real scale. My point is that its the same basic size as all of these other 1/5 scale rigs)

All dimensions are given in inches
XMAXX:
30.7 x 21.3 x 13.8
Kraton 8S:
29.92 x 23.7 x 10.47

Baja 5b:
32.16 x 18.89 x 10.03
Redcat Rampage:
29.52 x 21.25 x 12.59

Losi DBXL 2.0:
33.25 x 19.5 x 12.5
Exceed Hannibal:
31.88 x 23.62 x 12.79"

A lot of people have used the Max 6 because the X-Maxx is pretty lightweight for its size. But I would also go for the Max 5 if it were me. Just a bit more headroom in that should make it more durable I would think.

Yea prolly gonna go with the max5 1100kv combo. With the M2c mounting system. I think castle is just way over priced. IMO
Prolly gonna grab the promodeler 1/5 servo for it also. Thanks guys

Yea prolly gonna go with the max5 1100kv combo. With the M2c mounting system. I think castle is just way over priced. IMO
Prolly gonna grab the promodeler 1/5 servo for it also. Thanks guys
The Castle XLX2/1100Kv combo is only $45 more than the Hobby wing Max 5/1100Kv combo If you buy it on Tower Hobbies with their supersaver discount. Yeah you have to spend $10 to sign up but you still save $10 more than if you use their free club code. IMHO its better quality and you're not stuck with a proprietary sensor plug system. you're spending top dollar on the servo, whats another $45, but thats just my :2cents:

I don’t know where ur looking but the castle 499.99 and hobbywing is 389.99 lol. That over 100$ bro. Also never used a castle product and won’t ever with them prices. Lol

Yea, castle stuff is a bit expensive/ overpriced. But it is probably worth it. I think with castle, you can hook it up to a PC and change everything on the computer. You also have data logging and some other cool features. Hobbywing has a PC program. I used it before and it's outdated.

Lol u said tower hobbies. Sorry
At Tower Hobbies, you can sign up for their "Super Saver Club Membership" for $10 and then get $75 off any order of $375 or more on qualifying brands. Castle Creations is one of those qualifying brands so you can get $75 of that $499 price tag bringing in down to within $35 of the Hobbywing system. That being said if you're not already a member you have to spend $10 to get the $75 discount but that pays for membership for the whole year.

Even if you dont sign up you can still get $50 off that order just by using their free club members coupon codes.

I think the max 6 is only good if you stick with the stock motor. Any motor upgrade and you will be overheating that max 6 real fast in an xmaxx. Like others said, the max 5 combo is definitely the way to go if you want a simple powerful upgrade. Now the max 5 g2 combo.

Agreed with the max5 sentiment.

Went from stock to max6. It was an upgrade but not a lot. Once I went max5 definitely saw an improvement in performance. Adding the 1100kv HW motor made it really fun to drive.

I went with the WFO ESC mounting plate and BowHouse motor mount

Well I just bought the max6 for 120$ on hobbywing Fourth of July sale. I will do that for now. I have seen a few videos where there was only like a few mile diff an hour so we will see. Thanks guys.

Well I just bought the max6 for 120$ on hobbywing Fourth of July sale. I will do that for now. I have seen a few videos where there was only like a few mile diff an hour so we will see. Thanks guys.
temps are the problem not speed. Hopefully it works out for you though! great price nonetheless. :cool::thumbs-up:

To b honest I have never had an issue with temps except for my team corally torox system. I always gear correctly and I always run fans. I never even had an issue with the traxxas system in the xmaxx. I beat the hell out of it and highest temp I got was 118. I must be doing something right.
Or just getting lucky😉

To b honest I have never had an issue with temps except for my team corally torox system. I always gear correctly and I always run fans. I never even had an issue with the traxxas system in the xmaxx. I beat the hell out of it and highest temp I got was 118. I must be doing something right.
Or just getting lucky😉
With everything completely stock in my Xmaxx temps would easily hit over 120-140 on the motor and esc pretty quickly. Stock gearing / stock tires as well.

Back