xmas bonus = new toys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroWannabe

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
xmas bonus = new toys, well at least as much as my woman will let me spend, so I'm looking for some opinions on what to get.

Currently I have a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 sport, And I'm selling a car to help buy a new XXX-NT

Inferno upgrades already in place:
Front/Rear CVDs
hardend chassie

Inferno gift list:
Ofna Picco O-1 BP
center CVDs
3 shoe clutch
and some cheapie adjustable upper rods

But before I blow $60 on the clutch, what exactally is that going to give me that the stock 2 shoe clutch doesn't?

I'm very happy with the buggy as is, so I don't know what I should be looking to upgrade. Any suggestions welcome.

XXX-NT
Is the adam drake edition worth the extra $$?
The adam drake doesn't come with radio or engine, correct? I've got an extra radio, but which engine to buy?
I'm thinking fantom because everybody talks so good about them. But .12 or .15? Where I race they don't do any inspections or anything, so being "legal" isn't an issue.
Do I need a slide or rotary carb for this car?
Any upgrade I should consider getting for this when I order it?

As far as the XXX-Nt questions have a look at this thread its pretty in depth and is only about a week old.

Click Here X

My LHS has the Drake for around 275$. You want to get a bump start mill but a pull start will fit with slight mod. Slide or rotary will work fine. .12 or .15 as well. I went with stock/standard Futaba Servos, MPI NimH pack, NovakXXTra FM synth RX and stiffer springs. I also added some HG clamps to the shocks for quicker adjustment although the threaded shocks are just as good the way they are.

Yes, well worth the money. Just my 2 cents.

Back